Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-11-2011, 01:22 PM   #21 
Aluyasha

Oh, Hello! Yes this site is awesome for answering your questions about Bettas and for just showing off your finned friends. :)
Yeah he is one of the shyer of (previously) my Bettas. He should settle down though, he just does not like change much. And he is used to seeing Gyger next to him.
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:21 PM   #22 
kgplucker

I FINALLY got him to eat a worm! Brutus is finally relaxing a bit and not such a scaredy-fish. For the first couple of days he hid, if he even suspected I was standing there he wasn't coming out! So different from my other Bettas that practically jump out of the tank when we walk up to it! Today he kept swiming around even as I was standing there and opened his top. And I finally got him to eat a bloodworm! Now that he realizes what tasty treats I bring, hopefully he'll warm up to me. (Do people think it's strange that we talk about our fish like a dog or cat? LOL)
kgplucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #23 
Aluyasha

I think it is great that all of us are able to see passed the slimey scales, unblinking eyes, and voiceless expression and love fish as much as other pets. It takes a brighter outlook to see all living beings as equals. :)

I am glad he is warming up to you. Like I said, he is a shy one. He will warm up soon though, it was so hard feeding him after a while because he would get soo excited whenever I opened the lid that he never saw the pellets. lol
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote