Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #1 
grinsinthedark

Need Help with Eggs

My bettas had about fifty eggs, but during the courting, my fish broke his bubble nest, and he hasn't made one since. So we have 50 eggs and I'm not sure he will take care of them without a bubble nest. They were originally sitting at the bottom of the tank, but I collected them delicately in a syringe and deposited them into a cleaner environment. I don't know what to do if he's just going to let them sit at the bottom of the tank because he has no nest to put them in. I think they're going to just fungi and die.

They had the eggs yesterday overnight, so I'm giving them 48 hrs, seeing if they can be raised without the male since I'm afraid to try and dump them back into the tank if he doesn't have a nest. I don't see a reason to. But I was just looking for suggestions since there is nothing helpful online concerning this problem.
grinsinthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:23 AM   #2 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Artificial hatching is a must if the male doesn't tend to the eggs. You did the right thing by removing the eggs. Now all you can do is hope that they were fertilized.

Good Luck.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote