Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #21 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luliyuhrouwn View Post
I'm sorry, I know I'm new here and have asked plenty of dumb questions, and I'll probably be burned at the stake for this but, that was exceptionally rude and uncalled for. At least the person cared enough to try and help the fish, there are plenty of people who would have blown it off. I understand you're trying to educate s/he on the proper care and maintenance, but there are gentler ways to do so. Keep In mind they just lost a pet, regardless of whether it was by the book cared for.
How was that rude? It was stern yes, but not necessarily rude. Everything said was true. The fact that the person loved their fish does not change the reasons why the fish died.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #22 
PewPewPew

I guess I was a little angry at the majority of the very incorrect things the OP was posting to other new members- including how to freeze a betta to "peacefully" euthanize it.
But yeah- that's why it died. Believe me- you dont know mad on this forum if you think that was mean. *shrugs*

Sorry for your loss.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #23 
TwilightNite

Thanks!
TwilightNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:55 PM   #24 
Bettaluver4evr

I agree. Sorry pewpewpew, but that was pretty rough. The poor fish did have a small tank and no, it may not have been cleaned enough. And yes, it was skinny, but parasites could easily explain that. It also explains the cloudy eyes and a few raised scales... But this poor person just had their dear little betta die! She watched it quiver and shake and sieze, and now it's gone. And then you totally slam them... kinda harsh. It may have been true, but I agree, there are easier and nicer ways to go about this. ;/
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:16 PM   #25 
brandonwlee

wow, your betta looks very sick to me, take every advice from all the above and make sure you have 100% water change frequently. check for fin rot and velvet/ich if the condition worsens.
brandonwlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:23 PM   #26 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwlee View Post
wow, your betta looks very sick to me, take every advice from all the above and make sure you have 100% water change frequently. check for fin rot and velvet/ich if the condition worsens.
Please read through the thread before posting.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:48 PM   #27 
brandonwlee

sorry , my apology i missed the 2nd page, anyway i felt sorry another lovely betta is lost. RIP Luigi

*ps: thanks turtle10 for pointing it out to me
brandonwlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:34 AM   #28 
PewPewPew

Its no harder than anything Ive said to others before, Bettaluver. The tank was filthty, the conditions rough, and it was skinny. I could just as well say things in the same manner to you. I often do to others. People arent used to a more matter-of-fact, frank me.
Anyway, let this thread die. How I respond, especially in a way that wasnt report worthy or any worse than most is not worthy of keeping a thread alive- period.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #29 
Bettaluver4evr

Your right, I apoligize. I understand what you mean. Yeah, let the thread go I suppose, there's nothing more we can do here... sorry pew!
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #30 
PewPewPew

S'all good.

Tags
betta, diagnose, lethargic, sick, white spots