Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-04-2011, 03:09 PM   #11 
BettaMama11

@RiverStoneBetta: The fact that you're boy took 14 days gives me hope that she will eat soon...I will try to time her feedings thanks for the advice, how many times a day do you think i should try to continue offering food?

@brandonwlee: At the pet store they would feed her Wardley betta pellets, they haven't had it in stock so I haven't been able to buy her that brand yet to try it out but hopefully they get some in soon...
BettaMama11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:18 PM   #12 
Oldfishlady

Is she still in the half gallon with the medication and if so-when was the last water change? if it has been over 3days...I would start making some 50% daily water changes for 2 days then a 100% water change...

Get some fresh garlic and crush it up and then roll the food around in it to soak up some of the fresh garlic juice...... offer the garlic juice laced fish food and see if she won't eat it after you make some water changes first....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #13 
BettaMama11

Yes she's still in the half gallon with the medication as I just bought the 10 gallon yesterday and haven't cycled it yet :( the last water change was 3/4 days ago I think on the medicine bottle it said not to change it for 7 days, but I will do a water change today...I will try the garlic thank you! Hopefully that will do the trick :)
Old 03-04-2011, 03:37 PM   #14 
BettaMama11

Just changed her water and she's darting about her tank :) Now just need to go and get some garlic!
Old 03-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #15 
Oldfishlady

Is she darting in a good way or darting distressed?
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #16 
BettaMama11

She was darting in a what are you doing, whats going on I'm going to look at my reflection kind of way..she's calm now swimming about
Old 03-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #17 
RiverStoneBetta

I feed mine twice a day, but they're already on a schedule. In your case, I would place one or two bloodworms at a time, right in front of her nose when she comes to the surface. If she shows no interest after about 5 minutes, remove the food and try again. Once she starts eating, continue to drop food in front of her once she sees you about twice a day. Soon she'll associate you with food and come swimming and begging like you hear the rest of us talk about.
RiverStoneBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:09 AM   #18 
PewPewPew

Stop trying to treat for the spots...those are just her gills and natural color. My boy has a full white/silver beard of natural color under his face.

Just more medicine she doesnt need. Ich is like super small dots the size of sand or salt, and lots of them.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 03:17 AM   #19 
BettaMama11

But those weren't there a week ago that's why I started treating her just in case it was something, she's my first betta so I was worried...but thanks for the advice and the info about Ich (",)
Old 03-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #20 
PewPewPew

They can come on kinda quick, especially since theyre an iridecasnt color at first. But theyre nbd~
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote