Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-03-2011, 02:49 AM   #1 
baylee767

Talking Going to Europe!!!

Well, the Friday AFTER this one we're going to Europe. We're taking a flight route that's something like from here to San Francisco, then to Chicago, then to London. Then we go on a 2 week cruise on a ship only a couple of feet smaller than the worlds largest cruise ship. I'm a total pig, so for me that's a dream come true. Then we spend a full week not on the cruise just kind of exploring Europe. Then I come back, and you know what?

This trip has been restricting me with Bettas. The pet sitter wont do water changes, so any fish I have has to be in a cycled tank. Well the 10g cycled just in time, but even though I have a 2.5 and 1 gallon tank open I'm not allowed to get Bettas because of ammonia and it's killing me! But after this trip, don't worry, I'm getting Bettas!

Anyways, I'm just really excited about this trip.
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:07 AM   #2 
vilmarisv

YAY! How exciting... that's a nice long trip!
I know what you mean. I just learned that I'll be traveling for 9 days in August and I'm already freaking out about my fish... I don't have anyone who could work as a sitter. I know it's not a long time and they should be fine if the proper precautions are taken but I really don't want to risk them.
I wanted to get another pair but that's definitely a NO NO for me!
I don't think it'll be a good idea to have another spawn either even when they'll be big enough to adopt out by then.
We'll see what happens... maybe we could start an online sitter service!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:23 AM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

The cruise sounds awesome!! Make sure you bring lots of reading material or crossword puzzles or whatever because you are going to be on planes for a loonngg time. lol Our flight to Japan was 14 hours. What countries in Europe will you be going to?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #4 
baylee767

Oh boy, alot Lol. Mainly in the UK (ireland, england... and some more not sure), but I'll be Also be in Portugual and Spain and I BELIEVE A few northern African places, but I'm not sure.

My parents are the ones who know Lol. They planned it as their dream vacation.

Also, lol, online Betta sitters. "Hey, I'm from California and I'll be gone a month..."
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Make sure you take some pics to share with us!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #6 
Pekemom

What a wonderful opportunity, Baylee. You will surely come back changed in some way by exploring other countries and cultures. Take pictures and travel safe.

Where did you go in Japan, DramaQueen? I did alot of travel in Asia and Europe in my career...
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:50 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

Tokyo. My brother and sister-in-law were stationed at an Air Force base near there.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #8 
kathstew

Oh wow! That sounds so awesome! Lucky!
I've been to England and its very nice there! You need to go to the London Eye, the biggest Ferris wheel in the world. It gives you a beautiful view of London. Definitely one of the highlights of my trip to England.
Seriously, it sounds so much fun! Remember to take pictures!!!!
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #9 
weluvbettas

Your coming to the uk!:D Your going to love London! Ive been LOADS! I must warn you know....its COLD! You have to go on the london eye. You get to see the whole of London from the air!;D Also got to Buckingham Palace! If there is a flad flying above the palace it means the queen is inside! Also check out some pet shops! Go to pets at home! Its the main pet store in the uk! There are only VTs but thats ok:) Also go to maiden head!They have hms and crowntails and dt! Honestly u will love london!
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:07 AM   #10 
TwilightNite

Lucky you! yes, make sure to take TONS of pics for us!!
TwilightNite is offline   Reply With Quote