Okay so i figured id start this journal to show my progress with everything. I will update as i continue until it is finished! It is very much bare right now and is at the beginning of the cycle. I dont even have the test kit yet or the heater/thermometer (will be getting those today hopefully)
So yesterday setting THIS much up took almost 3 hours haha, im very slow and take my time. I cleaned my tank which had been sitting in the basement for half a year and i rinsed all my gravel and bought some more gravel. Then I realized that I didnt like that colour so i went and bought all white instead! I rinsed the drift wood in boiling water for an hour and washed all the plants. I took some of the water from my 2.5 gal and a filter cartridge and put it in the filter of this tank. I used one of my temp 3gals for bringing the water up and down the stairs filled it up, started the filter and added water conditioner and some fish food to start the fish less cycle. Today i hope to go to my LFS and pick up the water testing kit, heater, thermometer, more plants and maybe some more deco. I will not be adding any fish until it is done the cycle which wont be for a while im guessing! I also dont know if im going to be doing a community + male betta or a sorority. Im gunna wait to see which betta/betta's i fall in love with :)
Here is the first pic of the start.
1 piece drift wood, 4 plants, one skull. Hoping to add 1 more deco, 3-6 new plants.