Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #1 
MsAqua

New VT Male

On a run to Walmart today, I come across a veiltail betta that I had to buy. Or, in the case of our Walmart, save from death. Since our Walmart does not care for any of their fish like they should.

But I have yet to see a betta with coloring like this one and I had some extra cash so I had to pick him up. There weren't any tanks like Diablo's on the shelf so I had to pick up a 1 gallon tank for him. I prefer the cube shaped one Diablo has but I'm thinking about saving up to set up a 10 gallon tank to put a divider in. We'll see. But for now this works.

I have yet to come up with a name for this boy so any suggestions are welcome.
<3

Think I'm growing addicted to bettas. They're so full of personality and are so pretty. <3
Attached Images

MsAqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #2 
kjnewcome

He's pretty, very healthy looking for a Wal-Mart fish. :) You can never have just one, two or ten bettas. lol! I have 17 now. lol
kjnewcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #3 
MsAqua

Yes, he is. He is in much better shape than Diablo was when I bought him from Walmart.

Haha. After being on here and looking around on Aquabid, I'm hooked. That's for sure.
My fiance was at work when I went to Walmart and I texted him that we've got a problem, there's no way I was leaving this one behind. Hahaha.

Oh yeah. I have a 10 gal tank at my mom's that I plan to pick up here soon. I'm debating on whether to divide it and place my boys in it or to start a sorority.

Really wish there was a PetCo near where I live. If I want to go somewhere close, I have a Walmart and a local pet store (where everything is overpriced). Then the nearest Petsmart is 45 mins away. The nearest Petco or Pet Supplies Plus is even further away than that.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #4 
kjnewcome

I have a 10g divided for 2 of my boys and a 10g sorority, I think you should do both. lol
kjnewcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #5 
xShainax

What a very pretty boy. :)
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:19 AM   #6 
MsAqua

Haha. I want to!!! I think I'm going to get them into a bigger tank first and then save up to start a sorority.
Gotta take care of my boys. <3
Old 10-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #7 
MsAqua

Well, sad news. Tyreal, as my fiance named him, has passed away. Within less than 24 hrs he had white patches on him that kept growing. He would not eat and would just float at the bottom. By this morning the patches looked kind of like fungus so we ran to the store to pick up aquarium salt. By the time we returned, Tyreal was gone with the patches bigger than they were when we left.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #8 
Fenghuang

Sounds like columnaris... I'm sorry for your loss. He was a pretty boy.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote