Betta Fish Forum banner

Purple/Maroon colored dragon HMPK

3K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  denaliwind 
#1 ·
Cannot believe what I saw at PetCo today! the had tons of HMPK's! It was so hard to settle with one. And yes I HAD to have one. Unfortunately their fish were not in good conditions. Many dead bettas :( I had to guarantee at least one a good home. There was a mustard, a yellow/green butterfly, a blue one, a gray dragon, a white one, a red butterfly and a bunch of others. I wanted to grab them all! I narrowed it down to this guy and a salmon pink HMPK with white dragon scales. Then after much contemplation I went with this guy. He seems to have a little bit of damage to his scales (you can see 2 missing scales in the pics) but seems otherwise healthy. Very spunky. Also bought a 2.5 gal glass tank. $28 later and here I am...

See less See more
#8 ·
Oh, he's gorgeous! Wonderful find! I love the last pic, he's totally like "no, no... this is my better side." Haha. :) Beautiful! What does your tank look like? Just out of curiosity. :)

#9 · (Edited)
Nothing special. Just gravel and a few rocks. I threw in a cutting of Pothos so he can play in until I can afford to buy some java ferns and/or anubias plants. May also put up a black background. Tank is currently sitting in my nightstand. Using some white plastic mesh as a hood until I can find something better or perhaps build my own.

#14 ·
lol, he's really pretty!!!
He looks shy with his front fins curled inward like he's saying "aw, you want a picture of me?"
Then the next with them out everwhere he looks like "okay!"
^_^

#18 ·
He is really gorgeous, Alex. I like the last pic, too - what a beautiful baby! Congrats! He got a great home with you...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.