Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-03-2011, 10:53 PM   #1 
nomoretickets

Leaving my fish for springbreak

So I'm leaving Friday and won't be back till the next Sunday, so a full week and some. I'm going to Chicago and St Louis while gone and it's not going to possible to drag 11 bettas around with us. All the tanks are getting 100% changes and are either filtered, planted, or both. I'm just making sure that I'm not going to starve them to death. I won't, will I?
nomoretickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:14 PM   #2 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoretickets View Post
So I'm leaving Friday and won't be back till the next Sunday, so a full week and some. I'm going to Chicago and St Louis while gone and it's not going to possible to drag 11 bettas around with us. All the tanks are getting 100% changes and are either filtered, planted, or both. I'm just making sure that I'm not going to starve them to death. I won't, will I?
You could take them to see all the sights of Chicago, I am sure they have never been and would love to see it lol jk :)

I don't think they will starve to death, I am pretty sure they can go for like two weeks with out food. I have never personally had experience with this though. I am sure another member has and will post more advice on what to do.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:17 PM   #3 
nomoretickets

Lol, they would hate it, it's supposed to snow! Grrr I hate winter
But I've read two weeks is the limit but I'd like to verify that before leaving
nomoretickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:20 PM   #4 
turtle10

HEre is a section I copy and pasted from http://www.bettatalk.com/food.htm :

"How long can a betta live without eating? I am not sure exactly how many days, but what I do know is that they can survive without food for a long time. I had a sick betta who ate a half a live worm once a week and lasted three month that way. I know that bagged bettas have been reported to have survived in their sealed bags up to three weeks. So I guess, what I am trying to say is, if you are leaving on a week-end trip and won’t be home to feed your betta for 3 days, don’t sweat it. He won’t starve or anything :). Again that does not mean that you should not feed your bettas with punctuality."
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote