Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-04-2011, 08:38 AM   #1 
danifacetastic

What to do with my life?

I'm a senior in high school and when I graduate I'm going to a community college to get all my general ed out of the way but I don't know what to do after that.

I was thinking of meteorology but I think the money just looked good to me.

I really want to do something with photography or hair / makeup but is that a logical thing to go into now a days? I think it'd be great to open my own salon that does hair, makeup and piercings.
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:36 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

If you want to open your own salon then that's great! :) I think you would need to take some business classes so you'll know how to run your business.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #3 
bribri92

I'm in the same predicament, college freshman trying to decide what to do with my life...

To be honest, makeup and hair is a difficult field to successfully break into from what I've heard from friends who are trying. But if it's something you're really passionate about, you'll be able to succeed.

If you want to own your own salon and make it successful, business school is probably necessary. Or at least a background in business. Beauty school too would be something you would need to do.

Other than that, being in college is a great time to try new classes and figure out what you like. I was positive I was going to be an English major but I took a computer science class to fulfill the math requirement and I fell in love! Now I think I want to be a computer programmer.
bribri92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

A computer programmer! Wow!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #5 
bribri92

It's a career path I'm considering

It's something I enjoy and in an industry that's rapidly growing as society depends more and more on computers, so hopefully good job opportunities, haha!
bribri92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:19 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

All your friends and family will be wanting you to help them with their computers. lol
Old 03-09-2011, 11:32 AM   #7 
danifacetastic

I was thinking about meteorology for a while but then I just started thinking against it. I don't know.
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:49 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Meteorology sounds like it would be very interesting. I imagine it would involve a lot of math and science classes but if that's what you like, go for it!
Old 03-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #9 
tokala

I started school at New Haven University because I thought I wanted to be an FBI agent. I lasted about 2 months then transferred to Colorado State University, who at the time had the best vet school in the country (I think Cornell is #1 now) 4 years into it with a 3.9 GPA, I had my internship with a large animal vet and realized I didn't want to be a vet anymore. So for a year I lived out of a tiny car in New Zealand and just traveled and did outdoor recreation. Then I moved to Suva, Fiji for 8 months and was deported after the military coup got violent. I found myself back in my teeny, tiny home town in the Colorado Rocky Mountains on a horse ranch. I am now going BACK to school studying Sports Medicine and have 1 more semester left!!!
I loved every single step of the journey so far, and no matter what you do you will learn something along the way. I know 50 year olds that have just now figured out what they want to do! We think that we have to have our whole lives planed out and are supposed to be lived by the cookie-cutter "accepted" rules. Follow your heart, and remember that as you change and grow so will your goals and interests! You are never locked into one option. You are so smart to just get your gen eds out of the way. But don't stress about what happens after that, you will know when you get there. So EXCITING! Good luck with all of it!
tokala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:50 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

Tokala- I'm from Colorado, too. I lived in Trinidad 14 years and went to college in Alamosa.