Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #21 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

No worries... just work with what you have... I had a baby betta female in a one gallon w/ heater for three months.

She had a handful of pebbles at the bottom of he tank, and one silk plant, and was perfectly happy. It was room for her, because she was tiny, and I did a 50% and 100% water changes each week.

When I got my sorority tank cycled, she moved into a spacious 20H, and now is the "leader of the pack".

So, work with what you have now, and move your betta when you can. I don't know if you have a bookshelf free, but here's a cool tank that is long but not big:

http://www.petco.com/product/14978/P...arium-Kit.aspx
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:17 PM   #22 
JeanLuc2

I would get it but a) I don't have $40 bucks to get him another new tank cause I need to fix my car, and b) I don't have any free-space besides his area that he has now.

I am hoping to get a single person dorm room next semester so that he and I can both have some more space and I can actually get him a 5 gallon long bowl/better set-up.

Just to let you all know, I simply tried to solve my own problem and I just wanted to know if I poisoined him/if that stuff was truly non-toxic. I didn't want to argue/get scolded over the bowl I chose to buy. I like this bowl and he has a lot more space than he had before I got this bowl.
JeanLuc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:19 PM   #23 
JeanLuc2

HereFishyFishy: Thanks for the understanding words, and I will likely get the bowl you recommended when I know if I will have more space by getting the bigger dorm room.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #24 
turtle10

Lol no one was scolding your bowl :)

But I do suggest you take out the bubbler tube, it takes up a lot of free swimming room.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #25 
JeanLuc2

I am thinking about doing that. I sort-of felt like I was getting scolded. I'm sorry if I annoyed anyone.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #26 
JeanLuc2

So, I should just give his bowl a cleaning to be sure he won't get sick from the sealant?
Old 03-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #27 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Nah... don't you worry... out of the many things in life that do annoy me, you're not one of them*! :D

*unless you hide my stash of emergency chocolate! LOL

Have a good night!
Old 03-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #28 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanLuc2 View Post
So, I should just give his bowl a cleaning to be sure he won't get sick from the sealant?
I don't think that would hurt anything. :)
Old 03-05-2011, 06:08 PM   #29 
JeanLuc2

Nicely done HereFishyFishy! Even though I am not a big fan of chocolate I will still get mad if someone eats all of my chocolate.

I was going to wait an extra week (I usually do 100% cleanings once a week) and since I have moved my little boy (as of last Sunday) 3 times since that Thursday. Will this hurt more than help? Do I need to worry about him getting sick from the sealant if I don't do a cleaning?
Old 03-05-2011, 06:14 PM   #30 
turtle10

You weren't getting scolding, I am sorry if you did. And you didn't annoy anyone :)

I think he will be a lot happier with so much extra space.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium sealant?