Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-19-2009, 10:19 PM   #1 
CharH

A poll (well kind of)

Where have you found the most amazing or unusual aquarium decorations? I find that PETCO and PETSMART have all the same stuff and the online stores usually have all the same stuff. Any place online that has really unique decorations, gravel etc..?

I'm already planning my next aquarium. Shhhhhhhhhh don't tell my husband.
CharH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:24 PM   #2 
ltshinthebetta

I havent seen anything creative yet, I usually go to walmart for my fish supplies, my pet store is very expensive but I will make a trip over there soon preparing to get my 10 gallon ready. :)

although at walmart there was a cave that was shaped like a fish, the fish is supposed to go in through its mouth. Wouldnt a fish be too scared to go in there? lol.
ltshinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:26 PM   #3 
CharH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltshinthebetta View Post
I havent seen anything creative yet, I usually go to walmart for my fish supplies, my pet store is very expensive but I will make a trip over there soon preparing to get my 10 gallon ready. :)

although at walmart there was a cave that was shaped like a fish, the fish is supposed to go in through its mouth. Wouldnt a fish be too scared to go in there? lol.
LOL!! Yeah you would think a fish would be afraid of that - but they're so darn nosey!! LOL
Old 08-20-2009, 12:30 AM   #4 
Volpe

I found some really gorgeous polished glass (not shiny, they were like the kind you find on the beach) at a craft store (Michaels). It came in quite a range of colors and was meant to be in aquariums.
You never know what cool things you'll find in a craft store. ;)

Also, maybe you could try putting plants in a terracotta pot? As if they were actual flowers.
That's what I'm planning to do with my 10 gallon tank that I am currently setting up. :D
Volpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:33 AM   #5 
Ilovemyshiny

yea go walk around some craft stores and be inspired, thats what i do, also at garage sales sometimes youfind unique stuff..just boil it first.
Ilovemyshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:47 PM   #6 
CharH

That's a great idea! I never really thought about a craft store. Thank you!
Old 08-22-2009, 10:54 AM   #7 
ltshinthebetta

I was looking online at petco, and they have WW2 things to put in there, like little army guys and planes. xD
I think next time I go to Petco I'm going to buy them. :P
ltshinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:11 PM   #8 
Amphitrite

I'm not in America, but we have some garden stores here in the UK that sell fish and some of them have some pretty unusual tank decorations.
Amphitrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:52 PM   #9 
crowntail lover

My Wal Mart has some amazing decorations!!
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 07:35 PM   #10 
Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volpe View Post
I found some really gorgeous polished glass (not shiny, they were like the kind you find on the beach) at a craft store (Michaels). It came in quite a range of colors and was meant to be in aquariums.
You never know what cool things you'll find in a craft store. ;)

Also, maybe you could try putting plants in a terracotta pot? As if they were actual flowers.
That's what I'm planning to do with my 10 gallon tank that I am currently setting up. :D
Oh, I really wanted this beautiful pink (to match her) silk flower plant for Edelweiss' tank but I didn't end up being able to order it because they were out of everything else I was ordering and the shipping wasn't worth it :( They have them at my Petco though and I may still get it and just use the plant that I bought instead in a tank that I may get for another betta...sshhhh I didn't say that!

They had some neat sandbank rock wall decorations to create a tier effect in the substrate at drsfostersmith.com but they were too large for my tanks.

Last edited by Kim; 08-22-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote