Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #11 
Tamyu
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Japan
I am a professional translator living in Japan... So, I do.
Tamyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #12 
jediwing
New Member
 
jediwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamyu View Post
I am a professional translator living in Japan... So, I do.
Nice! I have a few college friends that teach English there. I'm thinking of doing the same but in a couple of years.
jediwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:07 AM   #13 
Tamyu
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwing View Post
Nice! I have a few college friends that teach English there. I'm thinking of doing the same but in a couple of years.
Teaching English is like the fast food job for foreigners in Japan. No experience needed, high turnover rate, and minimal exposure to reality. (Teachers tend to stick together so are in a sort of bubble - often turning to something really negative because of culture shock.)

It is an easy way to get to Japan, but isn't really going to bring a good lifestyle while in the country.

If you are interested, I run a forum about Japan with a lot of knowledgable people on it.
Japanologic Forum
Tamyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:20 AM   #14 
Micho
Member
 
Micho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
こんにちわ、ぼくの なまえは クリスです。どうぞあろしく。

I dunno if that's right or not. . Hehehe.
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:48 AM   #15 
jediwing
New Member
 
jediwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micho View Post
こんにちわ、ぼくの なまえは クリスです。どうぞあろしく。

I dunno if that's right or not. . Hehehe.
You did really good! I would just use "watashi" instead of "boku" (but "boku" isn't wrong just sounds very casual) and fixed the spelling for "yoroskiku".

こんにちは、わたしのなまえはクリスです。どうぞよろしく。

Instead of saying, "boku no namae" you could even just say わたしはクリスです/"watashi wa Kurisu desu".

Anyway, good job!
jediwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #16 
jediwing
New Member
 
jediwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamyu View Post
Teaching English is like the fast food job for foreigners in Japan. No experience needed, high turnover rate, and minimal exposure to reality. (Teachers tend to stick together so are in a sort of bubble - often turning to something really negative because of culture shock.)

It is an easy way to get to Japan, but isn't really going to bring a good lifestyle while in the country.

If you are interested, I run a forum about Japan with a lot of knowledgable people on it.
Japanologic Forum
Thanks for the link! I am checking it out now.
jediwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #17 
Micho
Member
 
Micho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwing View Post
You did really good! I would just use "watashi" instead of "boku" (but "boku" isn't wrong just sounds very casual) and fixed the spelling for "yoroskiku".

こんにちは、わたしのなまえはクリスです。どうぞよろしく。

Instead of saying, "boku no namae" you could even just say わたしはクリスです/"watashi wa Kurisu desu".

Anyway, good job!
But isn't わたし usually used for females while ぼくわ for males? That's what I've learned. xD
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #18 
Tamyu
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micho View Post
But isn't わたし usually used for females while ぼくわ for males? That's what I've learned. xD
わたし is generic, ぼく is less formal for (usually quite young) males. Grade school boys will use ぼく almost entirely, but once they are better with formal speech will switch over to using わたし.

Really though, you don't need to use a pronoun at all. They are pretty rare in normal Japanese use.
Tamyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:44 AM   #19 
bahamut285
Member
 
bahamut285's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
私はバハムとです。

大学の時は、日本語の四年生でした。。。でも、今、上手じゃない。。。忘れちゃった。 LOL . Haha
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:05 PM   #20 
dramaqueen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
My brother lived in Japan for 3 years and we got to go at Christmas for 2 weeks. It was 12 years ago.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.