Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #1 
Lunatatice

Question 45g fish tank

No it doesn't have any betta fish in it, it is cycled and heated, but we're redoing our family room and we might have to move it somewhere else. We need our tank to take up less space in the room, so we might even get a smaller tank. It contains: 5 gouramis, 3 platys, 2 swordtails, 1 african dwarf frog, 5 neon tetras, 3 emerald cories, 5 kuhli loaches, ans 3 zebra danios. So yes, it does contain a lot of fish. If a smaller tank isn't a good option, we could move it to another room. What should we do? And if possible, can we keep from recycling the tank so none of the fishes will die?
Lunatatice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:44 PM   #2 
Sweeda88

I don't think it would be a good idea to go down in size with that many fish. I think your only option is to move it. Also, get another ADF. They do best in groups of at least 2.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:47 PM   #3 
Lunatatice

ok thanks
Old 03-27-2011, 04:13 PM   #4 
Lunatatice

well I found out that Im going to have to give away some of the fish because I will have to get a smaller tank. I will but some of my current substrate in there and use the filter Im using now to speed up the cycling.
I will keep these fish: the 3 (opaline)gouramis, the 5 neon tetras, and my ADF (yes I am planning to get him a buddy)
Some questions: should I cycle the tank with these fish in or is it too risky? whats the smallest possible sized tank that I could keep them in and do one water change thats not more than 40-50% each week (I may get more neons if possible so keep that in mind)? even if my new tank is seeded how long will it take? will the gouramis attack the neons even though they're coexisting peacefully right now? Thank you so much to whoever is willing to answer some of these questions! =)

Last edited by Lunatatice; 03-27-2011 at 04:16 PM.