Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #1 
ascovino77

Introducing my new bettas....

Hello guys my name is Andres and im from Venezuela, so i dont speak english very well, so im sorry if i make a mistake...well this are my new 3 male bettas, the guy at the petstore told me that they were 2 HM and 1 CT....i dont know the name of their colors, so if you can help me with that ill be very thankful...i got a little problem that is that they dont want to eat their food, im giving them TETRABETTA (pellets) and Bloodworms by tetra and also by nutrafin.. I read somewhere that those were the best dry food i can give to them..im kind of desperate because they eat just a bit, like 4 pellets and 1 bloodworm a day...so if you got any advice, please..jejejje ..
Well now the pics, they dont have any name, so you can name them.,.jejejje thanks..cheers

ascovino77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:08 PM   #2 
bettafish15

4 pellets and 1 bloodworm a day is fine :) Dont worry about it. Any more than that and they will get terribly bloated if you feed more than that a day. ;) Also, those tanks are the half-gallons, right? Those are pretty small, and you will have to do daily 100% water changes. 2.5+ gallons is preferable by many :)
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:21 PM   #3 
Emmalea

Welcome to the forum! Be prepared to get super addicted.

Your fish are very nice, however I worry about your tanks. One of your tanks has green allege growing and needs to be cleaned. They also look quite small, how many gallons is each tank.
How long have you had your fish for? Them not eating much could be caused by the stress of being moved, if this is the case they should start eating more in the next few days.
If you haven't done a water change yet you should do one, the ammonia levels in the tanks could also be stressing them out.
In small tanks like yours you souls be doing water changes each day.
What is the temperature in the tanks? if they are too cold this could also be why the fish wont eat.

Are these your first Bettas? You should really upgrade your tanks. Bettas need a minimum of 2 gallons each, they also need plants, silk or live are both fine and should also have something to hide in, A rock or cave of some sort.
Bettas will be super unhappy in a bare tank.
Emmalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:30 PM   #4 
ascovino77

ok thanks for your anwers guys, well yep im saving some money to buy bigger tanks.im a student so i need time to save the money jejejeje....and ill also buy some plants and rocks the next week..well the yellow one has a female in a tank next to his adn he already did a bubblenest...you thinmk i should put them together??... hes flaring around the tank....
Old 03-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #5 
bettafish15

MALES AND FEMALES DO NOT GO TOGETHER UNLESS BEING SPAWNED BY A RESPONSIBLE AND KNOWLEDGABLE BREEDER. You should move his tank away, because he might blow his fins from flaring too much, or get stressed and tail-bite.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:38 PM   #6 
ascovino77

OK....i will, thanks for the advice..jeje....and believe me, ill get them some bigger and better tanks...thanks..
Old 03-05-2011, 07:38 PM   #7 
bettafish15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascovino77 View Post
OK....i will, thanks for the advice..jeje....and believe me, ill get them some bigger and better tanks...thanks..
When you do get bigger tanks, remember to get pics :D Everyone on this forum loves pics!
Old 03-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #8 
ascovino77

Sure, i will, dont worry about that....excuse but, how big are the tanks supossed to be??..i mean here in my country all those things are really expensive (tanks,fish, food) so i want to get teh best one that i can afford, and im gonna need 3 of them, so its a lot of money..jejejje....maybe a 6 litres???---bigger than that they get really expensive...and of course i will buy some plkants and rocks...i really like the dark colors gravel..so im thinking in a black or grey one for the tanks...and some plastic plants...anything else???
Old 03-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #9 
bettafish15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascovino77 View Post
Sure, i will, dont worry about that....excuse but, how big are the tanks supossed to be??..i mean here in my country all those things are really expensive (tanks,fish, food) so i want to get teh best one that i can afford, and im gonna need 3 of them, so its a lot of money..jejejje....maybe a 6 litres???---bigger than that they get really expensive...and of course i will buy some plkants and rocks...i really like the dark colors gravel..so im thinking in a black or grey one for the tanks...and some plastic plants...anything else???
1.5 gallons (6 liters) would be okay, but not great. You'll have to do 100% water changes every other day. Plastic plants are fine, but they have to be soft, and not hard plastic because some plastic plants rip fins. :)
Old 03-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #10 
ascovino77

OK thanks for the advice.. I have reading a lot in this forum and im thinking ill get 1.5 gal tank and use one of those siphon to clean the bottom of the tank al least 3 times a week and change the 50% of the water....i saw a lot of pics and im also gonna put a plant pottery (i think is the right name, but im not sure..jejje) so he can hide and sleep there...also a few not rigid plants...should I put another fishes like corydoras in the tank??? ..im sorry for all these questions, but i really want to learn,,,english and about bettas..jajajja thanks