Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #1 
monroe0704

Per Popular Request

I had asked a while back about a good pairing to breed while waiting on a few of the bettas to mature some more... here's the pair that won in votes and I introduced them to the tank a few minutes ago. Here I got again with a light colored female :/ lol I wish I had breeding bars to rely on!

Monet is fantastically excited about breeding, and Xanthe is actually happy with this suiter and flaring back at him. Here's hoping a nest is built and eggs are made :)

monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #2 
PewPewPew

Xantheeeee! ;D
Im so excited about this! *watches the thread intensly*
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #3 
LittleNibbles93

Hope it goes well, they're both pretty!
LittleNibbles93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #4 
mernincrazy8525

love the female. what is her coloring?
mernincrazy8525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:29 PM   #5 
1fish2fish

I'm really happy you went with this pair.. I really think you'll get some amazing results.

If you get a male with fins like his father and the color of his mother put my name on him ;) I don't care if I don't have tank space... I'll MAKE room ;)
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:29 PM   #6 
Sweeda88

Cool! I can't wait to see how it turns out. I hope they breed and you get plenty of pretty fry!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:51 PM   #7 
vilmarisv

Beautiful Pair!
I know what you mean about breeding bars... I still haven't bred a dark colored female who would show breeding stripes so I have to go solely by behavior which is not the easiest thing in the world specially on your first spawn.
With my last, I did things a little different and sorta "teased" the male with the female. I placed her in the larntern and let her loose once the male started his bubble nest but once he stopped showing interest and she went to hidding I placed her back in the lantern. Did this twice over a couple of days and by the third release they went straight to the nest and started spawning. There was NO fin damage for either of them and I got TONS of eggs!
Best of luck with your spawn and keep us updated!!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:36 PM   #8 
monroe0704

Quote:
Originally Posted by mernincrazy8525 View Post
love the female. what is her coloring?
She's considered a Blue Marble Dragon... she carries a wide variety of colors, but her siblings have shown just white, blue, and yellow :)
Old 03-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #9 
monroe0704

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
I'm really happy you went with this pair.. I really think you'll get some amazing results.

If you get a male with fins like his father and the color of his mother put my name on him ;) I don't care if I don't have tank space... I'll MAKE room ;)
I hope to gets lots of that combination! :)))

Thanks everyone for the wishing me well! It's soooo tough basing all my breeding attempts solely on behavior >_< lots of youtube videos and several failed attempts have sorta narrowed me down to what's acceptable breeding behavior! Reading about it and actually seeing it/doing it is soooo different.

So far so good.. Monet is building a bubble nest, slowly but surely. The female hasn't flared at any other suitors until this guy :) I'll continue to update!
Old 03-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #10 
Sweeda88

I'd LOVE to have one of the fry if this spawn is successful. Boy or girl, I don't care! I can get a heater and another Kritter Keeper on BigAlsOnline for pretty cheap. That's where I bought my 2 25watt heaters.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote