Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #1 
briser

New betta. A couple questions.

Yesterday at the pet store they had just restocked bettas and had at least 30-40 there. The second I looked around this little (or should I say big) fella caught my eye. He is very active (swimming around his little .75 gal) and checking his surroundings out.
He's fairly bigger than my other male. Not huge, but bigger none the less. I'm waiting it out a few days to see his personality etc. before I move him to a divided 5.5 gal. (That's ok to put him in right? It's a long tank, not a tall tank).
My mom said he looks kinda old so I'm going to attach some pictures to see your guys opinions.
He seems pretty healthy but he hasn't eaten anything for me yet and he has pooped but his poop was green which I think is a bit strange because my other two have brown poop (tmi?) So I was just wondering your opinions on that.
Also can anyone tell me his color? I know he is a VT.

(btw, his name is marc)
Attached Images

briser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #2 
denaliwind

Congrats on the new guy! :D
I'm no expert... but I don't think green poo is necessarily a bad thing, it could simply be green from what he was previously fed, just keep an eye on it.
I also believe that a divided 5.5 gallon will be sufficient space, especially if it is longer than it is tall.
As for age, I am clueless! I have no idea how to determine age in a betta. I suppose size would be a factor, but his large size may just be his genetics.
You might be able to find his color here: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=29868
He colors may change too now that he's in a better home, reminds me of this guy: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=60278

^^

Last edited by denaliwind; 03-06-2011 at 11:59 AM.
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote