Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #1 
Arashi Takamine

Home sweet home. However.....

My betta's finally have come home. My mom's fish Kaida picked her. He was the only red veiltail who was looking directly at her. We couldn't leave him there!

Kalona was hidden well and was found easily thanks to the Petco employee who's been looking after him for me. She even gave his cup a water change free of charge.

Kalona freaked out when the left the parking lot but chilled after we got on the road. Kaida was as calm as an ice cube.

Kalona's still adjusting but he hasn't eaten yet. Kaida has eaten all of his pellets since I took him out of his cup. (Both fought me tooth and fin but I got them into their tanks eventually. Took me a few minutes and I fed Kaida right away to help ease the trauma...He's brave. Brave as a little dragon.)

Kalona however...He's a little scared but he's been looking around the first place he went in his tank was to rest on the bridge in there. He's actually purple and blue with a black butterfly pattern tail. The white is actually transparent so I thought for a second: "Wait where the heck is he?" When I was removing the excess food. He can camofloge himself.

Both are moving slowly but exploring and coming up for oxygen often. Kaida and Kalona both have blew a few bubbles and Kaida had been following my finger before I put him in the tank.

Kalona having his water changed before coming home floated for about five minutes in his cup to acclimate him. Kaida because he was still in pet store only water got a full nine minutes before he started to get stressed.

He's calm and they're both sticking to the bottom. It's normal for them to stick low when their still getting used to things right?
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote