Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-07-2011, 03:29 PM   #21 
1fish2fish

My goal with this spawn is to double my number and produce at least 30 viable fish that survive to adult hood. Hopefully no more than 50 because I honestly don't know where I'd put that many jars O.o. Another goal is to power grow and have them at adult or near adult size by 3.5 months old... so I'll be doing 90% water changes hopefully every day but if not every other day for sure.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #22 
Panthera

Mines pretty much the same as yours lol. I doubt since its my first spawn I'd have more then 20-30, if that, but you never know. I've also been talking to Jeremy on UB and he said he fills up his spawn tank slowly with aged water, the day or the day after the fry are free swimming so I think I'll try that.

I may be scared of doing big water changes everyday because I might suck up fry....But I guess I'll have to get over it lol.
Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:38 PM   #23 
1fish2fish

If I was spawning in a 10 gallon I would do the add water daily method but I prefer to spawn in smaller tanks so I have to do water changes. Changing water with tiny fry is a PITA!! It takes forever because you have to make sure you didn't suck any up. I'm going to try to suck most of the bottom with a turkey baster and siphon the rest via air tube with an airstone or pantyhose at the end... a la Mr. Vamp... we'll see how it works. Hopefully these youngin's will grow fast and I won't have to worry about it for too long.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #24 
Martinismommy

You guys! Thank you for all the kind words about my fish.......

I have been super busy this past week...I just now saw this thread.....I'm gearing up for the 1st show of the season and trying to keep up with water changes and family at the same time....It's been CRAZY!

Anyway, here are Jackies new girls.....They are super nice finny 8 ray females out of my green BOS male bred to my multi BOS female.....And yes, they are built just like their Mommy!

I'll be shipping tomorrow....
Martinismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:15 PM   #25 
vilmarisv

GORGEOUS! ME WANT!!
Can't wait to see what Jackie's spawns look out of these!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:19 PM   #26 
beat2020

Wow I LOVE that first female! Great fin structure and color. I think either one will go GREAT with Dan.
beat2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #27 
Martinismommy

I just repeated the breeding this past weekend.....I didn't have too many from the 1st spawn but it was so nice I did it again....We have tails tonight
Old 03-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #28 
vilmarisv

Yeah! More awesome fish!!
Wish my babies had spawned this weekend...
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #29 
1fish2fish

Thanks for posting the pictures :)

I'm still not sure who I'm going to use first. I'll probably go by whoever seems to like Dan best LOL

Here's Dan...

That was from back in January I think and I believe he's finned out just a bit since then.

I'm really curious to see how the male fry develop since Dan was a late bloomer. It's hard to believe this was the fish I bought back in November LOL I wonder if that'll have any affect on how fast or slow his son's develop.

(Karen's Picture)

I'll be on pins and needles all day tomorrow and Wednesday until my new girlies arrive. :) I've got their jars all ready and waiting for them.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:13 PM   #30 
Martinismommy

Dan was a late bloomer most likely because he was from a spawn that produced HMPK.....That is the reason I thought he was a female....