Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #41 
turtle10

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestompa View Post
I dont knw. This trip cannot postpone and it should done. I knw i should care everyday but this things. I cannot do anything to postpone this one. I go 2-3 days. I dont knw guys. What should i do.
Why the heck would you breed if you were going to go on a trip?!? That is extremely dumb. Seems to me you should have done some more THINKING and research.

Always, always, ALWAYS have plans and back up plans when you breed. This is a big deal, these are LIVE animals who may die because of your irresponsibility.

You also said you couldn't cull, TOO BAD. That is what breeding is a lot of the time, it is something you have to do if there are deformed fry or fry that are not going to have a good quality of life. If you have a problem with it, then you should have done more research before you bred your fish

Sorry to be harsh, but it seriously bothers me when people don't realize how big of a deal bringing new lives into the world is.

I would also start to think about the point bettalover2033 brought up if you can't find a person to take care of the fish for you.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:33 PM   #42 
thestompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi Takamine View Post
If you have someone who watches your pets already just drill it into their brains that if they harm the fry or kill the fry that you will not be happy and will not pay them. (If that doesn't work the good ol' threat of Head On Spit should work.) The fry need constant care so make sure whoever you get to watch them can be trusted and drill it into their heads everything the fry need.
Yeah i will.
thestompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:45 PM   #43 
thestompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle10 View Post
Why the heck would you breed if you were going to go on a trip?!? That is extremely dumb. Seems to me you should have done some more THINKING and research.

Always, always, ALWAYS have plans and back up plans when you breed. This is a big deal, these are LIVE animals who may die because of your irresponsibility.

You also said you couldn't cull, TOO BAD. That is what breeding is a lot of the time, it is something you have to do if there are deformed fry or fry that are not going to have a good quality of life. If you have a problem with it, then you should have done more research before you bred your fish

Sorry to be harsh, but it seriously bothers me when people don't realize how big of a deal bringing new lives into the world is.

I would also start to think about the point bettalover2033 brought up if you can't find a person to take care of the fish for you.

Ok dude, I knw you got more experience than me. I knw how big my responsibilty when i'm doing this breeding thing. I knw i will take care this fry. I do whatever i could to save this fry and to raise this fry. Now, you guys dont worry about my trip. And i knw what to do. Ok thanks.
thestompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:06 AM   #44 
dramaqueen
Banned

What's done is done and let's just hope for the best.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:55 AM   #45 
bearwithfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestompa View Post
... And i knw what to do. Ok thanks.
first let me say that i dont think any one was making a personal attack and your response indicates thats how you are taking it.. every poster on this thread is concerned for the welfare of the fish you are asking about. i quoted you above to point out that you are mistaken in saying " i know what to do" IF you did you would not have come looking for advice (which by the way is a good thing to do as long as you are open to the response such questions bring) IF you knew you wold not have started a project so big with out more upfront info and the ability or desire to accomodate what ever was needed of you to complete it (culling etc..)

Drama i agree whats done is done, however, the OP is still in the middle of an experience that is not going to end well (as you know from being here as long as you have LOL) and need to here how to avoid such folly in the future....
bearwithfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #46 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
What's done is done and let's just hope for the best.
Okay...EVERYONE NEEDS TO LISTEN TO DQ BECAUSE YOUR JUST HAMMERING THIS GUY WITH SO MUCH NEGATIVITY AND I THINK...NO, I KNOW ITS REALLY RUDE TO BE SAYING SUCH MEAN THINGS TO THE OP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearwithfish View Post
first let me say that i dont think any one was making a personal attack and your response indicates thats how you are taking it.. every poster on this thread is concerned for the welfare of the fish you are asking about. i quoted you above to point out that you are mistaken in saying " i know what to do" IF you did you would not have come looking for advice (which by the way is a good thing to do as long as you are open to the response such questions bring) IF you knew you wold not have started a project so big with out more upfront info and the ability or desire to accomodate what ever was needed of you to complete it (culling etc..)

Drama i agree whats done is done, however, the OP is still in the middle of an experience that is not going to end well (as you know from being here as long as you have LOL) and need to here how to avoid such folly in the future....
YES WE ALL GET THAT THE OP HAS NOT DONE THINGS VERY WELL RIGHT NOW, BUT IF WE ADDRESS THIS SITUATION (CORRECTLY), THEN WE WILL GET FARTHER WITH HELPING THE OP. ALSO IF WE KEEP STATING THE SAME THING AND CONTINUOUSLY CRITICIZE, THE OP WILL GET FRUSTRATED AND DO WHAT THEY WANT OR GO SOMEWHERE WHERE THEY CAN GET MORE POSITIVE ANSWERS, BUT POSSIBLY WRONG ANSWERS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle10 View Post

HEY HEY HEY, PLEASE CALM DOWN. THERE SHOULD BE NO MORE (CYBER "SCREAMING" IT SOUNDS RUDE. I KNOW THAT YOU MEAN ALL GOOD,BUT IM SORRY BUT YOUR REALLY BEING RUDE TOT THIS PERSON. PLEASE UNDERWSTAND THAT IF WE INFORM THIS PERSON ON WHAT TO DO AND HOW TO DO THINGS, THEN THIS WOULD HELP THE OP TO COOPERATE MORE, ALSO I THINK THAT WE HAVE ALREADY SCARED THE OP OFF.

DONT GET ME WRONG YOU ARE COMPLETELY WRIGHT WITH YOUR KNOWLEGE AND TIPS, JUST FIND A BETTER WAY TO SPEAK IT.

THANK YOU!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:11 PM   #47 
Arashi Takamine

Okay guys let's all take a deep breathe and count to ten.

So this person bred her betta's and messed up on a few things. All the fry are alive and doing well it seems. She's doing something right if they've lived as long as they are.

Second: She's trying to do her best but I'm sure everyone here who's bred their betta's know how hard it is to care for them.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #48 
turtle10

We understand that she is doing her best now, but when breeding an animal you should think about what that entails before doing it. I don't think anyone is attacking her, we are just worried for the welfare of these fry. Not to be Debbie Downer but taking care of fry can be very difficult for someone who doesn't keep fish, that is what personally worries me about someone else caring for them while the OP is on vacation. Again, I don't think I was necessarily being rude. I think I was just honest and stern. I apologize if I came across any other way.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:02 PM   #49 
bearwithfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Okay...EVERYONE NEEDS TO LISTEN TO DQ BECAUSE YOUR JUST HAMMERING THIS GUY WITH SO MUCH NEGATIVITY AND I THINK...NO, I KNOW ITS REALLY RUDE TO BE SAYING SUCH MEAN THINGS TO THE OP!!!

YES WE ALL GET THAT THE OP HAS NOT DONE THINGS VERY WELL RIGHT NOW, BUT IF WE ADDRESS THIS SITUATION (CORRECTLY), THEN WE WILL GET FARTHER WITH HELPING THE OP. ALSO IF WE KEEP STATING THE SAME THING AND CONTINUOUSLY CRITICIZE, THE OP WILL GET FRUSTRATED AND DO WHAT THEY WANT OR GO SOMEWHERE WHERE THEY CAN GET MORE POSITIVE ANSWERS, BUT POSSIBLY WRONG ANSWERS.

HEY HEY HEY, PLEASE CALM DOWN. THERE SHOULD BE NO MORE (CYBER "SCREAMING" IT SOUNDS RUDE. I KNOW THAT YOU MEAN ALL GOOD,BUT IM SORRY BUT YOUR REALLY BEING RUDE TOT THIS PERSON. PLEASE UNDERWSTAND THAT IF WE INFORM THIS PERSON ON WHAT TO DO AND HOW TO DO THINGS, THEN THIS WOULD HELP THE OP TO COOPERATE MORE, ALSO I THINK THAT WE HAVE ALREADY SCARED THE OP OFF.

DONT GET ME WRONG YOU ARE COMPLETELY WRIGHT WITH YOUR KNOWLEGE AND TIPS, JUST FIND A BETTER WAY TO SPEAK IT.

THANK YOU!
well stated and i stand corrected
bearwithfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:48 PM   #50 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree, Brett.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote