Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-07-2011, 03:08 AM   #1 
Abby

Flirty lady?

Ok so in trying to see if Cinder is male or not getting cinder to flare is so difficult.
BUT i was playing with bronxie and the mirror, Bronxie danced at herself and even showed off her breeding bars looking at herself. Cinder approached and Bronx flared little girly flare at cinder and chased her off, Cinder flared VERY quick and only a small flare once at bronx when she was chasing cinder off.... odd fishy much displaying her breeding bars at her own reflection
Scarlett (agent 88) wanted NOTHING to do with her mirror time, so bronx sucked as much as she could up lol
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:31 AM   #2 
LittleBettaFish

My female Despina spends half her time swimming around looking like a zebra. She is royal blue, so her vertical stripes are very distinctive. I don't know if it's a sign of either aggression or readiness to breed, but I've noticed her doing it a lot to the Coccina male in the tank over and when she's in a particularly excitable mood. For example, when I feed her, she almost always bars up and swims off to go boss poor Skade through the divider. She used to drive her matching male insane when they were in the same tank together.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:00 PM   #3 
Abby

Little Betta Fish, another auzzie :) its a sign of ready to breed, but she only shows hers WHEN SHE IS LOOKING AT HER SELF lol
Old 03-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #4 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah, I'm down in Melbourne though My male Coccina thought he could take Despina on even though she is a big, stout DT female. I think she was more interested in eating him than breeding though. It's funny some of their reactions to the mirror. My females get all shy and swim off. One of my males knows it's me holding it so he peeks around where he can see to beg for bloodworms.

Your female probably thinks she's quite attractive. I can imagine Cinder swimming over trying to explain that it's not really another fish she's looking at and getting a flare for his/her troubles.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:51 PM   #5 
Abby

Yeh but your still an auzzie :D yeh prob cause cinds always comes over and she spins and flares a little and nips at cinds