Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-15-2011, 06:21 PM   #1 
akjadestar

Colorful live plants!

I'm wondering what are some slow growing, easy maintenance and very colorful...
I'd like about 5-8 plants and at least two of them red [: and a variety, like different heights and sizes would be good... And also plants that are common and not too hard to find. Thank you guys for all the advice you've given for setting up my 10gal! I really appreciate it ♥
akjadestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:53 PM   #2 
Littlebittyfish

I have a rose sword plant in my 10 gallon and I really love that plant ( wish I bought a few more). I don't use co2 and I have had it for about a month and it is doing alright...if only I could keep those silly hitchhiker snails from munching on it!
I really like the red ludwigia plants. I think they're beautiful, I haven't been able to find any around here though and I hear they are difficult to keep.I have read that a lot of the red plants are pretty difficult and need high light.I am definitely no expert though!

here are a few that say they're easy I found on sweet aquatics, I have never had any of them in my tank though:

http://www.sweetaquatics.com/index.p...dfaacb207bc9f3

http://www.sweetaquatics.com/index.p...dfaacb207bc9f3

Not red, but very easy to keep and slow growing..I love my anubias, they have a wide leaf and my betta likes to rest on them. They come in a variety of different heights.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote