Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-05-2011, 07:56 PM   #1 
misamiania

Coloration? (PICTURES~ One slightly big)

This is my newest boy!!!!! We recently had a new pet store open and they had some Betta's. Because it's new though not alot of people realize it's there especially in such a small community like I live in. I know some of the ones that left. However my favorite is still there. I think he has amonia burn and the onset of fin rot and as much as I'd love to help him :/ well... you all understand.

Good news is that I bumped up their attention to the fish! Apparently management didn't inform them that the waters had to be changed every other day. Bad communication! Though I did inform them they 'should' be done daily. :3 I may get hired on there as a dog washer haha watch out Bettas!~ Clean cups are coming your way if I do.

Anyways... side tracked *cough* Here is my newest boy! First thing I did was change his water in his cup as I set up his tank. I think he may have some Amonia burn around his gills, or who knows maybe that's just how he is! Would that bean he's a marble? =3 Anyways, pictures! So any guesses on his coloration?

I just dumped water out! To add some fresh water. Yay for jugs of pretreated room temp water. ^^ Was just about to add some fresh water in. Much cleaner.

misamiania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #2 
bettaloverforever16

Not sure what colro he would be, but he's SO pretty. I dn't think he has the burns, but I'm not the best at med problems. I hope he patches up!
bettaloverforever16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #3 
misamiania

Best case scenario it turns out he's a marble ^^ And those are just natural spots~

I'm beyond lucky around here. There's only 3 shops around here that sell Betta's. Two LFS and one chain (PetSense). One of the LFS and the chain(well the chain just opened so who knows if they'll keep up with their good crops!) have such pretty ones! I luck out. I forget that often times people don't get awesome selections out of LFS. ^^'
Old 03-05-2011, 09:14 PM   #4 
misamiania

I have decided to name him Agapito (Interesting how all my Betta's are ending with the last letter o lol I can't help it though!). It means "Beloved" in Italian. :)
Old 03-05-2011, 10:18 PM   #5 
naturegirl243

Pretty! He looks just like my Anardil accept "Nar" has a stub for a tail now since he decided to bite his tail when I was on vacation last summer and he did not have the cleanest of water while I was gone and nar is more of a orange then pink.I know they are butterflys I'm not sure on colors though, I don't think yours will marble.Maybe just get darker like Nar did.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:20 PM   #6 
misamiania

Yea I was looking at pictures on the thread and alot of the pale Betta's have those little black spots. darn haha I was so hopeful too! I want a marble so bad x3.

I did know he was butterfly but past that I have no clue haha... pastel? tri-color?
Old 03-05-2011, 10:37 PM   #7 
bettalover2033

Well to me he doesn't look like he has the burn.

also he is a butterfly.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #8 
naturegirl243

Here is a thread I started about Anardil I swore I started one asking about his color but I couldn't find it it has before and after pictures he still looks more like the after then the before *sighs* he was so pretty. http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=50211

Here is what he looks like now see he has a little black it's just his coloring though http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=60081
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:18 AM   #9 
Luimeril

maybe Cambodian Butterfly? he seems pale and stressed from the move, so give him a few days to show you his true colors. :3 he's lovely, though. <3
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #10 
misamiania

He was like that in the cup at the store too. So I can't wait untill he relaxes and colors out. He's in a critter keeper now, not the biggest in the world... it's a half gallon or bigger. They only had these ones at the store but they're getting bigger ones next week. At least he has a heater! He enjoys his plastic plant grass though haha. I can't wait to take pictures in a month or so... or even in a few weeks! to see his change in colors.