Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #1 
Arashi Takamine

The boys!

So I went a little crazy in trying to capture my new boys on film. I have to say I love the ones my mom took of Kaida more. (Kaida picked us. He really is the cutest veiltail I have ever seen. Kalona...He's earned the nickname Captian El Poyo Loco AKA Captian Crazy Chicken....He's a bit of a whimp and I understand he must be terrified right now so I'm leaving him be...He nommed a little.)

Anyways enough of my bantering here are the boys!

Kaida

He is seriously a master of being cute.

Kalona mimicking him. (It was a pleasent surprise.)

Kaida guarding his Buddha.

These are the only good ones I got of them. Kalona is really sluggish right now and he's probably shocked a little but at least he nommed....That's a good sign right? If he's eating he's okay? We got heaters for both of them so right now they're adjusting but what a difference!

So here are my boys. Thanks everyone for helping me, my mom and my dad for the tips that helped us make sure these two make it. Kaida and Kalona are so sweet and so docile. (Kaida is more explorative though.)
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #2 
denaliwind

Wonderful! I really love the names, they're very fitting. I love the big leafed plants, and they look like they do too! Hurray for nomming, and even if they did, they'll still need to adjust, some bettas take longer than others and some bettas are more active then others, only time will tell. I'm so glad they have such wonderful, well thought out homes, gives me such a big smile. :)
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #3 
Arashi Takamine

Thank you! It makes me happy that they're okay and safe and sound. Kalona loves his bridge and plant but is sticking close to the heater right now. I just gave Kaida a little pellet after giving him some exercise via the mirror technique and it was so cute seeing him nom it!
Kaida is keeping very close to his plants and Kalona when we first put the heaters in hid behind his little greek piller close to it.

(He nearly gave me a heart attack though! He was close to the top and not moving at all so I had to poke him a little with the net. A prankster!)
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote