Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-07-2011, 08:36 PM   #1 
zeeby

5 gal small community vs. 10 gal sorority

I lost my precious little betta fuji last year to lung bladder disease and I am now considering a larger setup. Before, I kept Fuji in a 2g bowl that I cleaned weekly with a couple plants for the little guy to hide in. I also had a small heater to keep the temperature at 78 degrees.

I am pretty uninformed for a larger tank and love the smaller size of a 5g but was wondering what kind of filter and heater would be appropriate and if I could house an oto and a snail along with a betta in this setup. I am also considering springing for a 10g and starting a female sorority, in which case I would also like to know what kind of filter and heater is preferable and how many females would be ideal.

I want to do this right and really don't want to overly stress or harm the fish in any way. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. :)
zeeby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #2 
Canuck Fins

A 5G is big enough for a betta and a snail but nothing else. I have a 25V heater for mine. If you want to have multiple critters in the tank, go for the 10G.
Canuck Fins is offline   Reply With Quote