Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-08-2011, 02:10 PM   #11 
LolaQuigs

I've heard people swallowing goldfish back in the 30s or 40s, as a sort of college game, along with flagpole sitting, and seeing how many people you can cram into a phone booth. But this looks like some sort of fetish website, it's very strange. There are some extremely disturbing fetishes out there that involve horrible animal abuse. I guess this is one more....
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #12 
BlakbirdxGyarados

A fetish that could kill these people.

I went to the site (not out of entertainment, mind you, and CURSE MY CURIOSITY...) but it's not just fish they swallow, it's jewelry and more. Ridiculous, stupid, wrong, and as many before me have said, abusive. Both to the animals and themselves.
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #13 
TaylorW

I've heard of it, and I think some people have gotten in trouble over it because they posted it on youtube like idiots.

Ugh, I just read an article about what happens to the fish after it is swallowed (if not regurgitated), and it's terrible >:( The fish attempt to breathe and end up inhaling stomach acid and are dissolved from the inside >:( >:( Worse, it takes 5 minutes for them to die... :(

It's an ezine article that pops up when you google goldfish swallowing, but I found just reading it a bit disturbing, so I'm not linking it... There are some really sick people out there... :(
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #14 
BlueHaven

....Okay.
I don't see a point in that, if they want to do something so cool, go find a way to be cool without harming others.
My guess it's a bunch of kids who don't know what they are really doing, or if they do, they don't care and find it funny.
I think the only way to fight back is to try and shut down their website (there's seriously a website? weird...), and continue informing people of the truth, finding ways to show them the truth too, not just telling.
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #15 
TaylorW

Unfortunately, it's not just kids, it's become a full on fetish with some sick adults out there... Just like some people have an obsession with feet and such... Apparently some people get some sort of weird pleasure out of watching fish get swallowed....
Old 03-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #16 
bettamaniac

This is what I think the timeline for this is: idiots swallow live fish-next day get diseases-eventually find out they now have parasites because they swallowed a live fish.
bettamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #17 
TaylorW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettamaniac View Post
This is what I think the timeline for this is: idiots swallow live fish-next day get diseases-eventually find out they now have parasites because they swallowed a live fish.
Lol bettamaniac! We can only hope that these people pick up some kind of illness! Maybe then they'll stop hurting fishies...
Old 03-08-2011, 06:17 PM   #18 
Ariel1719

Ew, curiosity unfortunatly got the best of me and I went to the website too. Its disturbing cuz its A) GROSS! B) abusive!
Ariel1719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:36 PM   #19 
Arashi Takamine

I too went to the website and was disturbed. If this wasn't a cuss free site I'd say a few of my favourite four letter words in both english and spanish about them. They'll get ich eventually I'm sure of it.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #20 
bettamaniac

this goes with what I said earlier: the question is not will they get diseases and parasites the question is when will they especially if they are swallowing feeder goldfish, you know the ones that there is like 200 all crowded in one tank
bettamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote