Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-08-2011, 06:36 PM   #1 
fleetfish

Yep, I love my LFS.

So I walked into my really close LFS after school today. This place, for starters, is pure awesomeness. The fish guy there actually goes to Montreal to an IBC breeder and handpicks some really decent HMs to take back to the store. He happened to come back yesterday with some fantastic looking bettas. There were some super cute females, including a red doubletail, a platinum dragon, and a copper. The males ranged from a platinum white dragon to a beautiful blue dragon plakat, and there were also some copper marbles. One little dude caught my eye ... a melano boy. I've been wanting a black betta for YEARS. So I bought him :)

He's my birthday present to myself. Right now he's just chilling in a cup until I set his tank up. But OMG he's bloody adorable. The store was also selling some Indian Almond leaves, so I got a pack of them. I can't praise this store enough for the effort they go through to get quality bettas and products.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #2 
wildmagic713

Mine's like that.

They don't go so crazy about getting their stock, I'm not sure where they get it, but if it's anything like the rest of their fish it's good (yay family-owned stores!).

They only have two or three Bettas ATM (A red DT that I have my eye on that I'll probably get this weekend) and a couple other ones.

They're all in their own tanks of at least two gallons with gravel, plants, filtered, heated, with plenty of water changes.

I love my LFS :)
wildmagic713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #3 
Ariel1719

Montreal Eh? Where abouts are you located :O Im looking for beautiful bettas and montreal is 2 hours from where I am!
Ariel1719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:11 PM   #4 
fleetfish

I'm located in Ottawa and the breeder is Canadabettas, he has a facebook page and a link to his website is on there. He has some pretty nice stock right now :)
Old 03-08-2011, 07:19 PM   #5 
Ariel1719

Nice! Thanks for the tip, is this guy in quebec tho? do you mind PMing me where this store you went to is? I wouldn't mind driving around ottawa but im not sure im up for driving 2 hours to Montreal haha.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #6 
fleetfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel1719 View Post
Nice! Thanks for the tip, is this guy in quebec tho? do you mind PMing me where this store you went to is? I wouldn't mind driving around ottawa but im not sure im up for driving 2 hours to Montreal haha.
You have a PM :)
Old 03-08-2011, 11:58 PM   #7 
Jupiter

I was there today too! I think you came by after I did though, because I saw a black melano boy while I was there.

Congrats on him! He was really pretty. Theyhad so many pretty ones that it was hard for me to pick too. :P
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:23 PM   #8 
Ariel1719

Sorry to bump, but I checked the place out today and WOW is that an awesome store! I also got a bunch of new toys for my doggie as well has a beautiful dragon HM! Did you guyss see that red one with blue dragon scales? Well he is now mine! Haha. It was a close call between him and the Dragon Plakat. But i want a community tank and this guy is pretty docile so cheers to hoping for the best! I did talk to the fish guy for a while tho, he was so nice and i told them you guys referred me here and he was pleased their shop is getting 'known' for the beautiful betta's.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:37 AM   #9 
RiverStoneBetta

My LFS is pretty amazing too. They don't have a lot of bettas, but they have an unbelievable amount of varied stock. All healthy and in adequate housing. Staff is knowledgable, friendly, and not afraid to point out where I can get something that they don't carry. (They don't carry meds, but I get them elsewhere anyway.)

I'm definitely going back there when I finally get the money to set up my angelfish tank.
RiverStoneBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:16 AM   #10 
fleetfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel1719 View Post
Sorry to bump, but I checked the place out today and WOW is that an awesome store! I also got a bunch of new toys for my doggie as well has a beautiful dragon HM! Did you guyss see that red one with blue dragon scales? Well he is now mine! Haha. It was a close call between him and the Dragon Plakat. But i want a community tank and this guy is pretty docile so cheers to hoping for the best! I did talk to the fish guy for a while tho, he was so nice and i told them you guys referred me here and he was pleased their shop is getting 'known' for the beautiful betta's.
Glad you got him!