Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-08-2011, 08:11 PM   #1 
Johnificent

How to make my bettas happy :)

Well, I've had my betta for 2 weeks now, and my new one for 3 days now, and I want to make them as happy and comfortable as possible. hopefully award me with a bubble nest? suggestions please :)
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #2 
Arashi Takamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnificent View Post
Well, I've had my betta for 2 weeks now, and my new one for 3 days now, and I want to make them as happy and comfortable as possible. hopefully award me with a bubble nest? suggestions please :)
Kaida made me a bubble nest after I fed him about six pellets and let him flare at his reflection for a little bit. Kalona is just happy nomming on the leaf of his bamboo plant...(I'm not kidding I went to feed him and saw him nomming on it. XD)
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:19 PM   #3 
Bettaluver4evr

You will hopefully see bubblenests and happy fish with nice clean water, yummy food and fun things to do! But not all bettas make bubble nests when they are happy! :)
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:22 PM   #4 
Johnificent

oh, ok :) because my betta moonstone made me a bubble nest on the third day i had him, then never saw one again..... my water seems very clear, i havent changed it in about 2 days.... but, its still very clear! i want to get them a bigger tank, but my dad keeps asking that lady at petco, and all she says is bs. >:( and my dad believes her because he thinks all the fish department ppl are "professionals"... :(
Old 03-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #5 
Bettaluver4evr

Well, your tank for now is okay, because it is 1.25 gallons per fish, with a filter! That is definitely better than most bowls and things. She is not correct, but compared to what she probably reccomends to most new betta owners, that is a mansion. ;)
Old 03-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #6 
Johnificent

:) i hate that petco lady! so, when should i replace my filter cartridge?
Old 03-08-2011, 08:38 PM   #7 
Bettaluver4evr

My booklet said monthly, but because you have 2 fish in yours I'd do it every 2 weeks minimum. :) And ugh, yes, I can't stand pet store people at Petco. The petsmart people near me are smarter though, but petco...? No way. This one lady there reccomended a half gallon tank, when there was a 1 gallon with an airstone 5 feet away with an airstone... sigh. I mean, the 1 gallon isn't perfect! But it's better than a 1/2 gallon bowl! Ugh, people. One day I'm going to work at a petstore and actually reccomend the right supplies to people!
Old 03-08-2011, 08:40 PM   #8 
Johnificent

i was actually thinkin of that for extra money when im in college? ha, LOL, us kids........ 2 weeks? :O LOL if you dont change your filter cartridge, does your water like turn super dirty? O_O
Old 03-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #9 
Saoirse

Great post, thanks for asking! I Hope you get your bubblenests, i love seeing those :)
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #10 
Johnificent

LOL i do want to see bubblenests! that would be really cool, id take lots of pics and post it up here, LOL XD