betta fish

Old 03-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #1 
cjayBetta

Tips for SBD...

Windu has SBD.. any tips?
cjayBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Do you know why he has swim bladder disease, how long has he had symptoms, what signs/symptoms is he having

Water quality-tank size, how much and how often are the water changes, water temp, filter, live plants, additive used, appetite, how long have you had him and has he ever been sick, what if any treatment/medications have your tried to date......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:37 PM   #3 
cjayBetta

I believe over feeding... I always give him (when flakes) quite a bit cuz he always looses the flakes in his silk plants and I was scared he wasn't getting enough. I often feed him flakes because he has trouble eating pellets. My husband told me he went on his side and has been at the bottom of the tank a lot today.

Water quality is good, did a 75% change before I relocated 1 female apple snail into his tank 3 days ago(I usually do 50% gravel sucking a week). He has a 5g filtered unheated tank. 78 constant, we keep the heat cranked in my husbands office because of the turtles. We have had him a little less then a month. He has never been sick to my knowledge. I didn't do anything, came and asked here to be sure I would be doing the right thing. I know there is 3-4 days to fasting involved.

Oh... I use Tetraaqua conditioner.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #4 
Oldfishlady

To understand...he is having buoyancy problems and he is bloated from possible overfeeding...he live in a 5gal filtered/heated tank with a snail-receives 50-75% weekly water changes with vacuum....correct....and he has been displaying these symptom since you got him 1 month ago...right...and no treatment or medications started....just trying to get a better understanding of what is going on with him and his symptoms....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #5 
cjayBetta

No, symptoms only for 1-2days, no treatment started.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

I seem to be hearing a lot of people say their bettas have gotten SBD after feeding them flakes. That happened to one of my bettas. I fed him flakes and that night he was floating on his side. I don't feed flakes anymore and I haven't had that problem. I'm not saying that flakes CAUSE SBD but it seemed like flakes had something to do with my betta getting it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:58 PM   #7 
cjayBetta

Yea... I stopped feeding them flakes. He hasnt done it again. Hes a strange fish tho... When he doesnt see me hes at the top of the tank swimming around but when he sees me he swims right at the bottom and does this wiggle dance and pushes rocks around with his... nose? I dunno... nose like area lol.