Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-13-2011, 04:48 AM   #31 
BettaMama11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rue721 View Post
Congrats on Lily eating!

That's such a relief!
Thanks! I'm very very relieved and happy! Hows your little guy doing?
BettaMama11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:53 AM   #32 
rue721

Quote:
Thanks! I'm very very relieved and happy! Hows your little guy doing?
Even if she doesn't know it, you really saved her. :D. Maybe she just didn't understand the pellets were food? Poor thing! They say the ones that start out rough and make it anyway end up being the strongest, though--I'm sure that's the case for Lily :).

Henry's actually starting to do better! I'm so, so relieved. He's still pretty sick (once in a while he still looks a little spazzy, and his fins are still not looking fantastic), but I finally started giving him food again today! He gobbled it right up :).

Ever since I started following OLF's regime he's been improving every day. *Knock on wood* I really think he's going to be OK. I can't wait until I see his little "feed me? I love you!" wiggle and he starts building bubble nests again :).

Right now he's working on figuring out the leaf hammock I got for his hospital tank. Yesterday he didn't know what it was at all, but today he started sleeping on the suction cup. LOL. Maybe tomorrow he'll try the leaf itself? :P.
rue721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:46 AM   #33 
BettaMama11

Awww thanks Rue721! Maybe she didn't...who knows what was going on in that tiny head of hers, hopefully she lives for a long time =) Everytime I go up to her she starts swimming around like a crazy fish lol! Guess that means she wants food or is happy to see me??

Glad to hear that Henry is doing better!!! And that he's eating too! I think he's going to be ok too, it just takes time to heal...awww hopefully he starts building his bubble nests and doing his wiggle dance for you soon!!

LMAO! at the leaf hammock! lol maybe he will, the leaf part is probably a lot more comfortable, maybe he'll figure that out soon! I got one for Lily's 10g so once I've finished getting that ready I get to see how she reacts to hers! She seems a bit ditzy sometimes so who knows.. :P
Old 03-14-2011, 01:24 AM   #34 
nmaybyte

Not really relevant but my little guy acts all tough and acts like he doesn't care about the food until I'm not looking and then I can hear him popping the water at it. He's a tough guy.

Congrats on getting her to eat btw. :D
nmaybyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:21 AM   #35 
BettaMama11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmaybyte View Post
Not really relevant but my little guy acts all tough and acts like he doesn't care about the food until I'm not looking and then I can hear him popping the water at it. He's a tough guy.

Congrats on getting her to eat btw. :D
Thanks! I'm happy, tho think i got pellet happy and overfed her yesterday Lol, hes trying to be a macho fish huh? I can just picture feeding time in my head!
Old 03-14-2011, 07:05 PM   #36 
nmaybyte

Haha, yeah he does act all macho so feeding time probably goes exactly like you're picturing it. Pretty much a game of "I'm not paying you any attention" that we play. xD
nmaybyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:24 PM   #37 
BettaMama11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmaybyte View Post
Haha, yeah he does act all macho so feeding time probably goes exactly like you're picturing it. Pretty much a game of "I'm not paying you any attention" that we play. xD
lol! I can imagine!!