Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-09-2011, 02:48 AM   #1 
baylee767

Lightbulb Dividers... I've got an idea!

Bettas obviously don't like being together, but they sure do seem to like
SEEING eachother.

So I have a plan for my dividers. As some may know, I will be dividing a 20 gal between Neon and that Copper dragon Betta (Isn't coming for quite some time as you can tell Lol) And this divider idea will give them both viewing area and area to not view eachother.

So, what I'll do is I'll buy one of those glass dividers (technically the safest ones... it's really hard for them to get through!) then I'll mark a rectangle on the bottom. All around it I'll sandpaper the divider on both sides. Then I'll drill probably 12-16 holes in it (When I say "I" I mean my dad).

Add some silicone/sealant, and there you got, perfect divider!

Almost all of the divider they can't see eachother, but there is a little window for if they want to interact. Then there are a bunch of holes for water flow, and that should be a great divider. Pretty much impossible to get through, my logic for putting the window on/near the bottom is if they see eachother and try to get to eachother, they wont find anywhere near the bottom because of the sealant/silicone. Then when they travel near the top they kind of forget of the purpose or calm down and don't jump (Still keeping water level a bit low though)

Do you think this is a good idea?
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:51 AM   #2 
Abby

sounds good :)
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote