Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-09-2011, 11:23 PM   #11 
TelevisionBox

He's so pretty! I love him! I'm so happy you recused him from that shady pet store.
TelevisionBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:57 PM   #12 
Pekemom

He's really gorgeous - beautiful sky-blue and his fins look so delicate. What a great job you're doing!!
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:30 AM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

Nothing worse than grumpy brothers! lol Your fish is gorgeous!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:15 AM   #14 
Abby

i would cry if my fish changed colour like that i LOVE his original colours, how long did it take to change?
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:39 AM   #15 
hannah16

I agree with Abby. Don't get me wrong, he's beautiful, but something about his white and baby blue just stole my heart.

Great job saving him, I'd like to get into helping adopt out bettas at some point, probably won't happen for a few months though. My petco has about 60 of them, I'm planning on emailing or calling their district manager if they haven't improved the living condition and have lowered the number they have by at least 20.

I love my Petsmart, they only have about 10-12 bettas, and every time I've been they have clean water that isn't filled all the way to the top. Most bettas I've ever seen there was 20. At the most. Don't you almost always feel bad for walmart fish/bettas? I hate their fish section, it's depressing.
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:32 AM   #16 
tokala

Thanks everyone! This forum is what made him so healthy :)

@Abby and hannah16- I agree! When I bought him, I had ZERO (let me repeat....ZERO) interest in owning a betta fish. I went into the store to buy my dog some Valentines day treats haha. I saw the condition the fish were in and was beyond appalled. Many of them were dead. So I walked out of there with a betta fish, got in my truck then thought to myself "crap, no what do I do?" So that is when I found this forum! I couldn't even tell what color he was through the murky water but when I got him into clean water I was blown away!
At this point I am just so happy to see him thriving! If I could I would change his color back- but I love that it means I am doing something right!

On a separate note, I believe the little guy may be constipated for the first time today :( Time for some fasting!

Last edited by dramaqueen; 03-15-2011 at 09:21 PM.
tokala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:13 AM   #17 
Bettaluver4evr

I think he was abosulutely gorgeous as a baby, but now his true colors are coming in and he's growing up! :) And awww, baby ice dragon Siku needs to lay off da chubs. :P
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote