Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-10-2011, 08:24 PM   #1 
Slayers

Alge growing on Anubias

In my 5gal there is alge growing off the anubias plant at first I noticed the brown spots of the alge but now the top leave looks like its growing hair and it has gotten long. What can I do about the alge with out adding something to the tank the betta in that tank can be a spaz so I don't want to put anything in there and have him spazzing on it all day
Slayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:58 AM   #2 
Alex09

If you can't remove it by gently scrubbing with your finger, Make a solution of 19 parts water 1 part bleach. Dip the plant in and leave for 2-3 minutes. Rinse in the sink Then move the plant to another container with clean water with extra dechlor. Make sure the temp of water used (bucket, sink etc..) is the same. Leave it in there for 10-15 minutes befor moving back to main tank. I have done this process of my java ferns and it has worked well.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:29 AM   #3 
Cravenne

Anubias often gets attacked by algae because it's rather slow growing. Most of the time you can use your fingers and remove it manually. It's just something you have to keep up on :)
Cravenne is offline   Reply With Quote