Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #1 
danifacetastic

Getting my first tattoo on Sunday!

So I was going to get a tattoo on my b-day this past January but opted for getting my eyebrow pierced instead. Now I'm getting a tattoo. I'm really nervous though. How bad does it hurt?

This is what I plan on getting on my ankle. How long do you think it'll take and how much will it cost?

http://danifacetastic.tumblr.com/post/3566277969
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #2 
AngelicScars

It depends on where you get it and what your pain tolerance is to know how much it's going to hurt. Getting them done on bones usually hurts worse. So, the ankle might not be pleasant. I got mine on my lower left tummy area. It didn't really hurt, but when he was going towards the hip bone, that didn't feel all that good.

As far as price, all tattoo artists are different. You can ask when you get there. Please make sure you find a tattoo artist that does good work in the style of tattoo that you want. You don't want to end up with a mess on your body that's permanent. Good luck!
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #3 
danifacetastic

Last time when I went to the parlor to check out eyebrow jewelry they said a bigger tattoo that I asked about on my hip would probably be around $60 so hopefully this one will be cheaper.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:33 PM   #4 
AngelicScars

I think color makes a difference too. The more color they use, the more they charge. That's small, so I doubt it would be too pricey, maybe around $45?

Be sure to post pics when you get it!
Old 03-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #5 
vilmarisv

$45-$65 sounds about right... but as Angelic said, it depends on the parlor you go.
I have one on my ankle and it hurt because the guy drew blood... then got infected and got a little blurry. I think the guy was on something but it was my first and the friend (who had gotten tattos) that went with me didn't mentioned it wasn't supposed to bleed. How was I to know??
My second didn't hurt at all. I got it on the back of my neck, just below my hairline, and the guy was awesome! My bbf got one on her lower back that same day and she giggled all the way through because it tickled.
Oh! And so you know... tattoos are addictive so depending on your experience you might end up going home and thinking what you're getting next LOL!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:18 PM   #6 
AngelicScars

Yes! When I got mine done it tickled a lot!

It has been YEARS since I got my first and I've been dreaming about getting my next, but I need it drawn out. I really want to get the outline of the tat I want done on me, AT LEAST that much by the 30th b-day (and yes that is only a 3 years away!)
Old 03-02-2011, 06:20 PM   #7 
danifacetastic

I've already got about 4 more in mind! XD
Old 03-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #8 
Arzela

Many tattoo shops have a minimum. (Or at least, mine does. $50 min for tattoos). Remember to look at the artist's portfolio! Gives you a good idea on their skill as a tattoo artist. Poorly done tattoos will need to be touched up over time, because the ink 'falls' out. Some people bleed, some don't. I bled a little. My boyfriend, who got a tattoo right behind his knee the same day I got mine, bled quite a bit. I found that it didn't hurt too terribly much, except for when my artist was getting closer to my knee.

Aftercare is also huge! Absolutely follow the directions your artist gives you on aftercare. Bad aftercare CAN and WILL mess up your tattoo!! (AKA, don't pick scabs. lol. It will itch, but you must resist!)

I only have one tattoo, although I'm in the process of planning another. It's on my right calf, about halfway between my knee and ankle. It's about...3-4in, and cost $100. However, it has many colors, as it's a betta. :D
Arzela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:18 PM   #9 
danifacetastic

That's so cool that you have a betta tattoo! I've already seen this persons work and they look good and I had my eyebrow pierced at the parlor so I know it's clean. And they also provide one free touchup. Also I noticed you had a betta named Calypso...me too :)
Old 03-02-2011, 10:26 PM   #10 
Arzela

Quote:
Originally Posted by danifacetastic View Post
That's so cool that you have a betta tattoo! I've already seen this persons work and they look good and I had my eyebrow pierced at the parlor so I know it's clean. And they also provide one free touchup. Also I noticed you had a betta named Calypso...me too :)
Well that's good. :D I love my tattoo parlor. Be sure to eat something light before you go and to not take anything that may cause your blood to thin out, just in case you do bleed.

Calypso is an excellent name for a betta. ;D
Arzela is offline   Reply With Quote