Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-19-2011, 07:39 PM   #1 
tigerone63

My beloved Tiny

Thank you to all who read my post looking for help for my beta Tiny! Oldfishlady special thanks to you. He just wasn't getting any better. So today I used some clove oil and put him to sleep.

Tiny was so special to me. He was a small veil tail I purchased from Petco. He had a bluish red tinge but that wasn't what attracted me to him. He was so engaged with what was going on around him! He lived in his own brand new 2.5 gallon tank on the nightstand by my bed.

To say he was engaged is an understatement! He seemed to have an opinion about everything! From the small air driven filter (he hated having too much bubbling) to tank decoration placement (if he hated it, he would swim to the front of the tank and stare at me and then swim back to what annoyed him...this would go on until I fixed it to his liking). One day a small bug was crawling across the front of his tank and he followed it literally around his tank! He even stared down one of my cats who sat looking at him. I have had only one fish that was so engaged (and engaging)

He was one tough little fish. I will miss him. Eventually, I will get another beta...but there was only one Tiny!
tigerone63 is offline   Reply With Quote