Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-09-2011, 10:33 PM   #11 
xkatieebby

I'll put some up soon, it's to dark in my room to get a good picture of him now.
xkatieebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:10 AM   #12 
xkatieebby

Just as an update on my betta.

He seems to be doing fine. A night in his tank and his water is still clean,(I figured that much.) He is swimming around freely. When I take his little mesh thing off the top he swims way close to the surface, which makes me think he could be a jumper,(it worries me so.) BUT he ate for me this morning. :) :) :) I put just a few little pebbles in there for him and he comped away at them. Yay!
Old 03-10-2011, 07:30 AM   #13 
amberjade

Sounds like you are doing fine. Bettas all have different personalities - I have one who is really placid, another who is very outgoing and a third who is always flaring! As well as a sorority - lol.

Your boy might like a cave to hide in, and a small plant or two. Floating plants are good - a couple of stems of pennywort are nice. Help with water quality, too.
Posted via Mobile Device
amberjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:52 AM   #14 
BlueHaven

You said your boss has their betta on the wall?
Do you mean one of those decorative wall hangings that is sold as a betta home?
Those are not safe, and even though it might not seem like it, bettas do need more space than what is shown sometimes. He might be doing okay if the temperature of the place he lives is warm enough to wear a heater is not needed, but those types of homes are not good for them, that includes putting them in vases with bamboo or other plants for a permanent home.
Just wanted to mention that, I feel that is an important topic.
Yours sounds like he has a good home since you got a bigger tank. :)
Live plants are really great in helping the water quality (though it doesn't get rid of water changes)!
They are pretty too.

I'd like to see pics too!
He sounds like a pretty betta. :)
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:58 PM   #15 
xkatieebby

Apparently the fish on the wall in my bosses office (Tyson lol) has lived there for like a year or so, I actually just cleaned his tank today, he seems fine to me. But your right it isn't to spacious, but he is a tiny beta at that.

My tank at home is bigger, I'll take pictures when I get there. :)
Old 03-10-2011, 09:30 PM   #16 
turtle10

Ugh those wall "tanks" are torture chambers. It makes me so sad that they are manufactured. There is a difference between living and thriving, so always, always, always make sure that your betta has at least one gallon, preferably 2.5 gallons. Luckily you are getting a bigger aquarium. Maybe you could somehow mention that to your friend and boss so that they can get proper living conditions with heaters and everything.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #17 
ds2009

Hi! It sounds like your little fellow is doing well! I just wanted to ask if you were putting water conditioner into your tank? You never mentioned it and I just wanted to make sure you did. Water conditioner is very important; it strips the water of the chemicals and metals that are dangerous for fish. I hope your new friend is enjoying his new home, cant wait to see pics (if you decide to take some that is) :)
ds2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:16 AM   #18 
xkatieebby

Yeah, I don't know where my boss would put a new tank even in his office, and it's been like that for awhile so I don't know if he'd be willing to change it either, I take pretty good care of him though, I drop a couple flakes in his bowl mon-fri and I've been cleaning his tank as it starts to get dirty, so at least it's clean.

I just went out last night and bought new supplies for me Beta. Bought him a new 360, 2 gallon tank. It has a little heater and filter that came with it, It has a LED light that changes color underneath of it, but I took that out because I know they don't like sunlight so I thought it'd be to bright. He has a live plant and a fake plant that are right next to each other in there, as well as this little tunnel like thing that I stuck in there for him to swim in.(It's a pretty big opening considering it wasn't actually a fish prop it was something of mine that just worked well in the tank.) I did also buy water treatment for him which I did use, so He's been upgraded and he seems to like it. There is much more room for him to swim around now, and he seems to like it.(He still attacks the rocks on occasion, but maybe that's just him.) I'll upload pictures in just a minute for you all to see. :) Oh and I bought him that New Life Spectrum beta pellets. He gobbled them up this morning. :)
Old 03-11-2011, 08:18 AM   #19 
xkatieebby

Old 03-11-2011, 08:19 AM   #20 
xkatieebby

I thought he looked like a dragon in this one.