Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #11 
gmd1800

...and a pen. I'm telling you, the tanks are the cleanest part of my room. Oops?

I'm glad that Octo doesn't need to be QT! He does look fine. I looked up a list of external parasites and he doesn't fit any of the symptoms. He IS a bit neurotic, so I'd think his diving into the substrate and rubbing against it is just a part of him.

I'm kinda tempted to tape their air pumps to the wall. xD
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:30 AM   #12 
Xxl3eAsTxX

who makes those tanks? where can i get one?
Xxl3eAsTxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #13 
ChelseaK

I don't usually keep my air pumps up higher than the tanks. As long as you get a check valve for the tubing, you should be just fine. I don't have a check valve on all of my tubing but the tubing goes up higher than water level before reaching the pump and I haven't had a problem yet.

Love the sand! I'm getting some for my tank soon!
ChelseaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:20 PM   #14 
Cravenne

What kind of tanks are those? I really like the look of them
Cravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:51 PM   #15 
gmd1800

They're unfortunately Tetra, but they fit my budget.

I got them for about $20 each from Wal-Mart.

Link here: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Disney-s-L...-Pets/12177654

The one I got wasn't "The Little Mermaid" (obviously! Hahah, I wouldn't hear the end of it from my residents if I did), but this is basically what it looks like. I'm pretty sure they also sell them at Petsmart as well. I haven't seen any at PetCo, but I didn't look there hard enough.

Thanks, everyone!
Old 03-12-2011, 12:19 AM   #16 
vilmarisv

Very nice tanks!
You don't have to put the pumps on top of the tank LOL!
What's really important is for the airline tubbing to have a drop between the pump and the tank in case water is sucked back it won't reach the electric pump.
You can place the pumps behind the tanks and let the excess tube fall behind the table.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:25 AM   #17 
PitGurl

I have that tank also. I like it fairly well. It is plastic so it scratches if your not careful. It does have a niffty little drawer to keep fishy things in. It comes with a filter but I didn't like it so I use the penn plax small world filter in it which has a little valve so you can control the current. I also use a mini heater in mine.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #18 
bahamut285

I mini-raged when I saw that goldfish sitting next to Ariel in the tank <_<

The sand looks so pretty~~... It makes me want to set up and hyper clean my "death tank" to I can fill it with sand and get another fishie ;A;
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:49 PM   #19 
gmd1800

@Cravenne, I checked Petco and they have the tank there. I also checked the brand and it's a Water Wonders tank. I forgot to do a price check, though. Shouldn't be too expensive from there either. Maybe a couple bucks more expensive than Wal-Mart. The one I saw didn't have the black accents that mine do, but it still looked nice with silver accents. I love the drawers on mine! Hestia always gets so excited when I open hers because that's where I keep all the food. Octo's isn't as exciting - that's where I keep the filter cartridges.

I do agree about the scratches, and it seems like the outside of the tank gets dirty easily. I had Octo in an Aquaview 360 before I had to downgrade, and it barely got dirty, even with my residents touching it and trying to see Octo.

I actually moved the air pumps lower and taped them to my drawers, and according to the boyfriend, it's a lot quieter now. Thanks for the tip, bahamut!
Old 03-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #20 
bahamut285

LOL gmd I think you mean to thank vilmarisv, I was just stopping by to compliment your tank XD!!
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote