Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-11-2011, 03:22 PM   #21 
Lion Mom

What are you using to clean it with, Demon? Paper towel scratches acrylic, so I use an acrylic scrubber on my acrylic tanks without problems for the inside and micro fiber cloth on the outside.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #22 
demonr6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
What are you using to clean it with, Demon? Paper towel scratches acrylic, so I use an acrylic scrubber on my acrylic tanks without problems for the inside and micro fiber cloth on the outside.
Well, when I first got it I wanted to rinse it out and wipe it down before adding everything.. not knowing any better I hosed it down in the bathtub then wiped it down with a paper towel and that was enough to scratch it. Now I won't touch the inside of the stupid thing. :) I am going to upgrade to a glass tank a little larger volume though.
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #23 
Lion Mom

That's a mistake a LOT of people make with acrylic tanks - not realizing that paper towel scratches acrylic. :(

I LOVE the look of that tank - just don't have the money OR space right now. :(
Old 03-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #24 
demonr6

Mostly time here, I can work my way into a tank but the setup and upkeep on multiple tanks can be a bear and when these guys get sick and it is QT time, I may as well take a two week vacation. LOL
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #25 
tsoto80

I been wanting that tank so bad but I am catious about buying it because of how easily it scrathes....I have the perfect spot for it in my son's room I would just have to move the 5 gallon some where else or I can put it on the bar counter in my kitchen I dunno got a few more days to decide
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:10 PM   #26 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsoto80 View Post
I been wanting that tank so bad but I am catious about buying it because of how easily it scrathes....I have the perfect spot for it in my son's room I would just have to move the 5 gallon some where else or I can put it on the bar counter in my kitchen I dunno got a few more days to decide
If you only use an algae scrubber made for acrylic and micor fiber cloth, I'm sure it will be fine.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #27 
sindorei

Thanks guys for the tips on the acrylic. Iv never had a tank like that and had no idea I might have ruined it with measly paper towels lolol.

Microfiber, like shamwow cloths?
sindorei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #28 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindorei View Post
Thanks guys for the tips on the acrylic. Iv never had a tank like that and had no idea I might have ruined it with measly paper towels lolol.

Microfiber, like shamwow cloths?
Just like! But you can probably find ones that are less expensive at Dollar General or the Dollar Store.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #29 
sindorei

Oh pish, I already have like a million shamwows

For "tank safe" ones, what do i need to do? rinse it really good and have one designated FishySham, that never gets washed with soap?
sindorei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #30 
Lion Mom

Personally, I only use cloth to wipe off the OUTSIDE of the tank. For the inside I use the white acrylic scrubber pad. :)