Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #1 
briser

Help with tank divider asap!!

I made one of these dividers: http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/d...ividers-21866/

And instead of the see through mesh stuff I bought black because I thought it would help them not see each other..

I just added them to the tank and they are both going nuts!! They won't stay away from the divider and they have been flaring at each other for 5-10 mins non stop..

What do you guys do when your males can see each other?
Will they get use to seeing each other and stop flaring?
briser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #2 
briser

Anyone??
briser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #3 
Slayers

In my male tank I put a bunch of fake plants on both sides so they don't have as much space to see and it seems to be working so far
Slayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:28 PM   #4 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by briser View Post
What do you guys do when your males can see each other? Will they get use to seeing each other and stop flaring?
my male tank is almos a square, it has two rows of four bays and a long filter/heaterbay,it has 9 male fish in it

ALL dividers are CLEAR GLASS, they can see each other when ever any light comes in each time they do flare a lot but they are happy.

some people say it stresses them but ive seen no stress, only Agent 11 is a little scared but has been taken out for qt to heal his damaged fins where benny jumped the divider cause the egg crate wasnt back far enough.

but they flare at each other a few times a day and settle down, Pippin flares a lot at the moment cause hes new but hes a manly man who wants to be king

heres a link to my tank thread
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=62691

Last edited by Abby; 03-10-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #5 
Cravenne

I'd give it some time. Put things in each side to occupy them. Plants, caves..
As long as they can't get over or under or behind the divider, they should be fine.

Mine don't flare much at all anymore..seems they have adapted to seeing eachother.
Cravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #6 
Abby

yeh they do after a while they get oh like "Oh hey again"
When i put Pippin in he was like "OH YOU WANNA PIEACE OF ME?" to sponge bob for two days each time he saw him he now like "I could take you!" at 004 but hes settled quickly
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote