Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #1 
Kidder97

Exclamation the leaf hammock

so far i have been feeding him over his leaf but for some reason he just wont lay or rest on the leaf and when he sees the food he just waits for the food to come his way what can i do to help him notice the leaf and how to use it
Kidder97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:26 PM   #2 
JackisLost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidder97 View Post
so far i have been feeding him over his leaf but for some reason he just wont lay or rest on the leaf and when he sees the food he just waits for the food to come his way what can i do to help him notice the leaf and how to use it
I took my betta leaf out. My betta likes the betta log more
JackisLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:32 PM   #3 
wallywestisthebest333

Yeah some just wont use it. even with live plants my boy doesn't rest on them! :'D
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:33 PM   #4 
Emmalea

He might just not like it, some of mine love leaves and some prefer to just chill on top of their pots.
I wouldn't worry about it, if he wants to use it I'm sure he will figure it out.
Emmalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #5 
mstngchic2012

Does anyone use small flower pots - big enough for the betta not to get stuck in of course? I'm thinking of getting my guy one.
mstngchic2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:41 PM   #6 
luckyfrog444

I have one betta that loves his leaf, and so I bought one for my other bettas and they don't use the leaves. I think it just depends on the fish. I never fed him over the leaf he just likes to sleep on it. But only if it's stuck on the right side of the tank, lol.
luckyfrog444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:15 PM   #7 
Emmalea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstngchic2012 View Post
Does anyone use small flower pots - big enough for the betta not to get stuck in of course? I'm thinking of getting my guy one.
I use them and totally think they work great.
I use the little ones that are like 70 cents at walmart, just make sure you plug the holes in the bottom so they don't try and swim through and get stuck. I use old wine corks to plug mine and it works great.
You can also break the ends off them, just make sure that you sand any sharp edges.
Emmalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:33 AM   #8 
kathstew

My two girls love theirs. Is the leaf too close or too far away from the water?
I have my leaves about 1 inch - 3/4 of an inch from the surface of the water. They love that spot, and if I move it further down they won't use it.
Some may just not like it at all.
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #9 
ansalong

It took my fish a while to warm up to his leaf, and he only sleeps on it. He swims over it sometimes but he'll only rest on it at night, and the only way I know is if I get up in the middle of the night to use the restroom or something and I catch him. Otherwise I'd never know.

You might leave it in a little while, I'm sure he doesn't dislike it. And maybe he uses it when you're not looking.
ansalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:51 AM   #10 
cowgirlelisa

Ive been thinking of geting some clay pots for my bettas for homes I see them all the time at walmart and more now since of the spring time and such
cowgirlelisa is offline   Reply With Quote