Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-12-2011, 12:12 PM   #31 
B3TTA LUVA

Curious..... very(!!!) curious.... Why is curious because i secretly made my new years resolution to be ready for and on coming zombie attacks and well i've been waiting for someone to ask me this question!! My Plan would be simple.... dress like a Zombie, you know torn clothes, bloody gashes, the works. But of course i wuld have weapons!! What type of idiot would i be if i didnt!!?? (oh i can answer that.... a dead one). And as for weapons i would have my dads extremly sharp letter oppeners tucked in my belt... our sharpest knives. Hmmm protection, my dads bullet proof vest heh-heh. These zombies dont stand a chance!! And of course i would take all my frinds and teach them the way of the My Zombie Plan!!!
B3TTA LUVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:14 PM   #32 
Tsuhei

Personally, I would move to a colder climate. Because zombies are undead and hobble, it means that they are through a certain point of rigor mortis...the cold climate would freeze them, thus hindering their movement, or stopping it entirely.

I would not use any sort of gun - the echo of the shot would attract more zombies, bringing hordes of them to your location. Zombies do not base their attacks on sight, but more or less sound and smell. Why else are they so good at finding you at night, especially when crows have pulled their eyes out of their sockets? For my weapon, I would use a spade-head shovel. Why? Reasons:

- It is long - it puts distance between me and a zombie
- It is sharp - the spade end will sever a head if sharpened correctly
- It is versatile - you can use it to put out camp fires, bar doors, hop fences, bury feces, bury your dead, defend yourself against other humans that survived the apocalypse, etc.

As for staying in one place - bad idea. Like I said, sounds and smells attract zombies. Staying in one place too long will make them swarm your house. Eventually, they'll get in or you'll starve to death. The best choice is to move around as much as possible and seek higher ground, like on top of a building. Zombies, "historically", cannot climb...that's why I was a little miffed by Zombieland, but the movie was still unbelievably AWESOME!

As for being in a group, I would only travel with people who are well-educated about surviving disasters and people who are of use to me. Strong, intelligent, cunning, able to improvise, etc. I would take my fiance for sure, though, because we've already talked about a zombie apocalypse.

Unfortunately for pets...they're a no-no unless they can be useful. I would take my ferrets, but I would only be able to take one - one that can actually ferret (go into holes and grab a rabbit). Other than that, I would have to put all of my animals down before they became zombie snacks (as cruel as it sounds..but I would rather them not suffer and starve because I can't provide for them during that time of crisis).

As for clothes - snug clothing (but comfortable enough to move in) and short hair. The less for the zombies to grab onto, the safer you are.
Tsuhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:16 PM   #33 
turtle10

I like tsuhei's plan, I think that is the one I would follow.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:17 PM   #34 
B3TTA LUVA

Mr. Tsuhei is obviously very educaated in the wway of the zombie.... xD.
B3TTA LUVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #35 
Tsuhei

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3TTA LUVA View Post
Mr. Tsuhei is obviously very educaated in the wway of the zombie.... xD.
Ms. Tsuhei!
Tsuhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #36 
VioletTrauma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuhei View Post
Ms. Tsuhei!
even better a woman that will survive
VioletTrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:08 PM   #37 
vaygirl

My husband says "We're safe cause we don't have a brain amongst us. They only want our brains." :P
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #38 
VioletTrauma

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
My husband says "We're safe cause we don't have a brain amongst us. They only want our brains." :P
xD best response ever
VioletTrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:54 PM   #39 
Tomsk

This thread sounds similar to something my friends and I have debated,though we were talking about a total breakdown in social life I.E. anarchy throughout the U.K.
As we have a friend who lives in/owns a fortified 16th cen tower in Scotland we would chose to go there as soon as we can (fuel could be a problem,we could use motorbikes but you can't carry much & you are open to attack).
The group of freinds I have have diverse knowledge like mechanical engineering ,herbalism, agriculture, medicine,blacksmithing all usefull.Plus as re-enactors we have weapons,armour,missile weapons (guns & bows),knowledge of melee & ranged combat and our friend in Scotland has horses so we can travel without needing fuel.
As a group we could raid for food and defend ourselves if need be,when fuel & ammo run out we have a non fuel/non gun ammo source at hand.The tower is next to a river so we have constant water supply (plus with adapted car alternators rigged with paddles in the flowing water we could have a steady supply of basic 12v electricity).

It's good fun thinking these things out,if only to exercise your minds.

Tomsk
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:43 PM   #40 
Arashi Takamine

I like everyone's plans. They make sense but I definietly have to say I will likely be the first one to break into Wal-Mart to get supplies. My local one sells BB guns fishing rods and any and all camping gear you can think off PLUS bikes. It's one stop shop for weapons if you stop in the cutlery isle and easy to get out the backway. It's a maze and zombie's will be going after the shoppers heading OUT of the store. My family and I would be safe if we went in rooftop or back entrance first. Plus with BB guns and the fact my dad was in the army as well as my uncle we'd be safe. We'd have food, water and anything we'd need. We'd be able to hide out for months at best with at least one hundred other non-deadies.

I wouldn't put down my pets because they can sense things we can't. They could hear a more sneaky zombie and my dog would likely attack them.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote