Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-11-2011, 12:23 AM   #1 
carzz

My fish. My babies.

I'm sure I'm not the only fish 'mommy'. :) Haha. But it does make me laugh when people give me the 'stare' when I refer to my babies as my babies.
But when one is sick? I feel like I'm a killer. They don't die or anything. But it's like.... isn't a mom's job to protect her kids? And I'm their mommy. And when they are sick, and look at me with those big eyes (sometimes, quite literally) when I feed them... My heart just melts for my darlings.
But when they are happy! Or when my little men make bubblenests! And I just get all giddy and super proud. I want to go buy a bumper sticker: 'proud parent of a bubble-nest-builder'.
And I know I'm a dork! BUT WHO CARES?!
Because I don't! I love my little fish!!!
-Benny -LeRoy -Sykes -Nick -Lady -Rosie -Cindy (and last BUT NOT LEAST!) -Luna!!!
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:33 AM   #2 
Goomba3

I feel the same way. I don't call them my babies, but they are My Boys! And when they are sick or have torn fins, I feel horrible. My boyfriend things I'm crazy, but he is starting to pick up the fish bug, too!
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:59 AM   #3 
Abby

i feel so bad each and every time something happens and i coo at them n i even let benny chew my finger while im doing stuff in his bay (if i give him a finger he wont randomly peck me and scare the crap outta me lol)
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:09 AM   #4 
carzz

Haha no way! I do the same thing with my Benny. He plays with my finger when I'm fish-ing (my term for doing anything fish related).
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:19 AM   #5 
Goomba3

I love horses very very much, and the boyfriend would always state "I don't like horses, they're your thing" etc, but he would always go to shows with me and watch me ride. Then I would catch him petting horses and giving them treats when he thought I wasn't looking.

Well the same happened with the fish. He stated he didn't like them and wouldn't take care of them but when I was living with him temporarily while in between jobs and looking for my own place, I would come home to clean tanks and happy fish. And he would say he "felt bad" for them and cleaned them. But even though he said he didn't like them and would roll his eyes when I whined about torn fins or got worried over a little gilled friend, I never let it get to me. Because he knows they are important to me and I love them.

Plus, whenever he comes over, the first thing he asks when he walks in the door is, "Did you feed them?" And then proceeds to feed them six pellets each, haha.
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:19 AM   #6 
Luimeril

>.> my friends think i'm an odd-ball for loving my fish the way i do. x3 i don't care! they're my children. they keep me occupied, and away from bad things. :d
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:24 AM   #7 
Babyfins

carzz, If you ever come across one of those bumper stickers, will you let me know?? I want one too! lol And I don't think it's crazy at all!
Posted via Mobile Device
Babyfins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:44 AM   #8 
Alex09

Someone's obsessed...
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:14 AM   #9 
Babyfins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post

Someone's obsessed...
Yup...classic MTS hahahaha
Babyfins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:29 AM   #10 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goomba3 View Post
I love horses very very much, and the boyfriend would always state "I don't like horses, they're your thing" etc, but he would always go to shows with me and watch me ride. Then I would catch him petting horses and giving them treats when he thought I wasn't looking.

haha i dont show but when i first got together with my mr it was like "You go ride ill play ps3" then it was "you go ride ill fly rc plane"
hes ridden a few times but refuses to get on after the horse bolted on him and he bailed off.

Ill get him back on eventually ;) cause you know the colt wont leave the gelding and when the colts broken i cant ride two horses at once lol
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote