Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-11-2011, 11:26 PM   #21 
wildmagic713

I'm planning to :)

I think I'm getting a red DT and a blue and white butterfly HM- I know where I can find both.
wildmagic713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:32 PM   #22 
Bettaluver4evr

OOoooHH! Lucky! :D Both sound gorgeous! :D You must be so excited! :D I can't wait to see pics!
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:37 PM   #23 
wildmagic713

I'm like counting down here :)

I need to go to bed at a good time today so that I can get them around noon tomorrow :)
wildmagic713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:37 PM   #24 
Bettaluver4evr

Haha, lol! And okey dokey! :P Well, bestest of luck to you!
Old 03-13-2011, 12:07 AM   #25 
laughing

You know there are just people out there who think because they have all the money in the world they're just somehow better--and that's okay! Everybody has different opinions and outlooks, and some people really DO think money is "everything" while others (like myself) believe love and care is all you really need.

Heck, yesterday I browsed PetSmart and found a 20 gallon on sale for $30 due to no hood/light (I guess it broke??) and SNAGGED IT UP! Before then I had 2 mollies and 1 glowfish in a 7 gallon, which people bashed me all over for. You know what? Those fish LOVED their little set up, were always active, eating well, not a sickness in site. Now with the 20 gallon I bought them some lovely females! ;) Going to add 2 more glowfish then capping it off. I think 5 mollies and 3 glowfish is enough for that 20 gallon! (Maybe some frogs or crabs later on... We'll see!)

Thing is, I purchased a filter for a 15 gallon at Walmart for $10. Guess whose filter is a BEAST and filters this tank like CRAZY!?! MINE! For a 20 gallon filter it'd be $20. Pssshhh, who needs it? Also, I have seran wrap covering the top... Don't tell! haha! I'll buy a real top one day, maybe with a built in light and filter, who knows? All I know is I'll be building me a stinkin' stand sometime soon, use my lamp to give them light, and that filter and seran wrap will keep my fish well cared for until then!

As for my world in the bettas, I will be purchasing a male soon most likely half moon. Looking now(: I don't have much, just that 7 gallon with a filter missing the grated piece at the bottom so I bought some plastic piping and will silicone it to the tube and saw in some grates. I'm so cheap! LOL! Then I'll put my new betta in there with some sand ($4!) and a plant for now.

Once I gain more money then I'll most likely buy him his own tank (1-3 gallons) to fully decorate nicely (sand, river rocks, silk plants, driftwood!) for him to enjoy all to himself. I'll buy a nice little filter made for 3 gallons to help me out, because some nights I simply don't have the energy for such frequent water changes. (BUT I'M SO OCD ABOUT IT!!!)

POINT IS, we all have our love and obsession for fish. And most of ours are extremely well taken care of without sickness and have pure happiness! Some of us have really nice fancy tanks with hoods & stands, others (like us) have smaller discounted tanks using random things to make it work, LOL. But in the end we're all going to have happy little fish and we're all striving to make their homes better for them daily.

If I had money, I'd buy the 50 gallon I want in a HEARTBEAT and another 10 gallon for my future betta friend to divide in half for another. But, I have other priorities (can we say attending a wedding in another state?!) and such. *sigh* I'll get my income back soon!

Do NOT feel bad! You have gorgeous fish who ARE happy & healthy, and that's all that really matters!!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:40 AM   #26 
Bettaluver4evr

All I can say is GOD BLESS YOU! That is exactly my point! I mean, alot of people are being mean to me on youtube about my betta in a 1 gallon with an airstone. Hey, I do partials every stinking day! :) And 100%s of course, but my fish is THRIVING. And that is the smallest tank I own! Thanks!
Old 03-13-2011, 03:21 AM   #27 
badfish123

This is excatly how I felt on Monster Fish Keepers. Everyone Had a bigger tank.
Posted via Mobile Device
badfish123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:05 AM   #28 
Arashi Takamine

The entire thread speaks of what I had to deal with on a dA betta group. This one girl whom wasn't even a co-founder acted like she bought my fish for me and told me that instead of buying two fish and put them in vases to buy one fish and a 10 gallon.

I learned later that someone who had her betta in a vase moved it from a tank because he wasn't doing well at all in a 10 gallon and her last betta died from the pressure.

My cookie jar tanks as far as I'm concerned the best I can do at the moment. I would like to eventually have more then two betta's at once but since I'm a newb...We just want lively healthy fish.

We're going to be buying a small QT tank as well as medicines to keep on our toes for anything. It's just hard to find symptoms in betta's when you really can't tell....
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:02 PM   #29 
laughing

See all of us are struggling in some area with our fish.

Being a good fish owner doesn't mean having the nicest things, it's about doing the best you can to make their lives amazing and keep them happy, and always trying to improve it! If you're doing that, you're a great fish owner!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:14 PM   #30 
denaliwind

Ugh, people on Youtube are trolls, I hate trolls! (for those who don't know, definition of a troll: "One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument" aka really annoying, awful people!) My little fishies don't live in mansion tanks either, but I know that I do what I can to make their lives as best as possible, and you know what? Nothing else matters. You give your fishies all the care and love they need. And to be honest, you could have a 30g tank for one betta and someone would still find some sort of criticism for you... they have nothing better to do!
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote