Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #1 
Jupiter

I don't get it...

I seem to be cursed when it comes to heaters! Most of the ones I buy just plain don't work! I've had to return them countless times...and I have a ton. In some of my tanks, they'll work, while in others they won't at all!

Ex. When I had Albatross in a 3.3 G Critter Keeper, the Marineland Stealth 50 watt heater kept the water at a steady 80 degrees. Same heater was transfered to the 10 gallon, but only kept the water at 75 degrees. Now in my new boy's 4 gallon tank, it doesn't seem to be working at all! I just touched the water and it's freezing-no wonder he isn't active.

Granted, the basement is pretty chilly I guess, but I don't get why I have such bad luck with heaters. Is there some weird trick that I'm not getting, or something? I let it sit for about 10 minutes and then plug it in.

Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #2 
wildmagic713

I have the 50 watt Hydor Theo...

It kept my 5 gallon at a proper temperature, same with my 10 gallon.

I realllllly like that one. I've had no problems with it- actually, except for the filter and tank that I bought separately after my other tank gave up on me, it's the first thing I've had since the beginning that hasn't had any issues.
wildmagic713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:24 PM   #3 
Jupiter

I've found that the only reliable heater I've had so far is the Tetra preset. Granted, it only keeps the water at 75/76 and only works on the smaller tanks, but at least it's constant...

Though tbh I'm getting pretty tired of constantly spending money on heaters, but I'll try the Theo out. Thanks.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote