Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-12-2011, 02:15 PM   #11 
wildmagic713

I see :)

They're acclimating right now :) Almost ready for pictures, I have to finish the second cover for Mister Fishy II's half of the tank.
wildmagic713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #12 
Sweeda88

I can't wait to see pictures!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #13 
wildmagic713

PICTURE SPAM TIME :D

So here's Mister Fishy II, who gets the left half of the tank with the tall vase QT. He's a red double tail :) I think he's a bit young, his body is rather small:

Here is Flor Azul (Azul). He's a royal blue and white butterfly delta with a black head. I think he's a super delta because when he was all perked up in the car his tail was almost 180 degrees:

Old 03-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #14 
Sweeda88

They're so PRETTY! Great choices!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #15 
wildmagic713

I thought there were no butterfly Bettas in PetCo anymore the first time I walked around and I was really hoping for a blue one, but I checked again and there he was :) I really wanted a HM with his coloring because they had some last week, but they were all gone.

They seem to like exploring their QTs. It's a bit of a downgrade for Mister Fishy II because he was in two gallons at the LFS, but for Azul it's quite the upgrade, which is nice. They're really active. They swim around a bit, stop and rest, and then keep swimming :) Mister Fishy didn't swim quite as much as these two do, and I'm glad they're active. It makes me think I'm doing something right :)

On the way home Azul was trying to decide whether or not to flare at me. It was cute. He'd be like halfway there and his gills would be flared out a bit but then he would change his mind and go back to swimming around normally.

I can't wait till tomorrow when I can feed them (I always heard from people on here to let them settle in for a day before feeding) :) I bought frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms when I got Mister Fishy II and it'll be my first time giving Bettas frozen foods but I think they'll like them more than pellets.

Last edited by wildmagic713; 03-12-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #16 
wildmagic713

Fed em anyway, figured I'd give it a try. They nabbed their bloodworms.

They seem to like hanging out at the bottom of their QTs. I can't imagine why. But they do swim around a bit and go up for air and rest on the leaves of the plants in their QTs.

I can't wait till I can take them out and design the tank :)
Old 03-13-2011, 01:34 PM   #17 
wildmagic713

AOIOIEVOWGOEIOBSMEFOESIUA SO MUCH CUTENESS THIS MORNING!

I woke up and sat there looking at my tank and Mister Fishy II noticed and came over and started watching me and he sort of followed me around in his QT, and then I went to defrost their breakfast and came back and he was at the bottom of his QT but came swimming right up and snatched the bloodworms (They get two each) as soon as they came off the spoon!

IT WAS SO CUTE <3

Azul, on the other hand, seems to know the spoon and container. Just not me XD

I've just got to finish feeding myself (The fishies came first XD) and then it's water change time!
Old 03-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #18 
denaliwind

Wow they're sooo beautiful! :O
I'm so happy they're adjusting to their new homes! You must post more pictures soon!
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:42 PM   #19 
wildmagic713

I will- it's not much different ATM, they're still in their QTs so it'll probably only be verbal updates for the next couple weeks with a couple pictures here and there, maybe a video or two XD But I'm going to stick them in their tank without the QT the day before I go back to school, AKA two weeks from tomorrow.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:43 AM   #20 
wildmagic713

Zully had a freak out when I was changing his water XD His stress bars were so easy to see, they were almost pure white against his royal blue scales.

Turning the light out and covering his half of the tank for 30 minutes cured it though.

He's so oblivious XD He snatches his bloodworms right up no problems, but when I feed them their supper (4 defrosted brine shrimp, they're TINY), he misses around 3 before he actually gets all of his, whereas Fishy gets his immediately.

I've got such silly boys. But they're so cute XD