Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-12-2011, 04:43 PM   #1 
tokala

Omg I can't believe it! Soo excited!

Well, most of you have been holding my hand and walking me through my first betta experience with Siku (in my avatar)- a rescue from a horrible "pet store".

Well, my boyfriend Zeb works for the government and has been in Afghanistan/Pakistan for the last 9 weeks (and gets home tomorrow! :), so has not been home to enjoy my new betta obsession. He has however gotten a kick out of it through emails and phone calls. Well, I had sent him a picture of a fish I saw on AB a while back just to show him how beautiful some of them are and how some day I may want one. He was red and black and silver.

WELL he just informed me that this handsome man in the attached pictures is all mine and coming to my little house in Colorado all the way from Bangkok! He is beyond stunning!!! He is 10x more beautiful than the fish I fist admired weeks ago!!! I am already soooo in love <3 My favorite color scheme.

I am a bit nervous about this whole shipping thing though. I feel like I am still learning so much about these little guys. I guess you can all expect a LOT more questions in the near future!! I dont know when he will be arriving yet, Zeb just bought him this afternoon!
Attached Images

Last edited by tokala; 03-12-2011 at 04:50 PM.
tokala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #2 
vilmarisv

What an awesome suprise!!! Congrats on the new kid...I love his coloring!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:02 PM   #3 
monroe0704

Love the leopard spots! Don't worry about shipping :) I've gotten over 10 fish from Thailand and none have been DOA! As long as you slowly introduce him to your water conditions (over a period of many hours) then he'll be fine. I'm excited to see pics when he arrives!
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #4 
tokala

@vilmarisv: Thank you, this is such an exciting surprise!
@Monroe: I love his spots too! Looks like a snow leopard or pheasant feather! I have never seen anything like it before. Thanks for the heads up on shipping. I feel better to know you have done it so much with out a hitch.

Here is his video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE4RS...layer_embedded
Old 03-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #5 
denaliwind

OMG!!!! That is the greatest thing ever! He's absolutely stunning, a hands down "WOW." I think that's so awesome of your BF, he deserves a cookie for sure. hehe ;)
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:28 PM   #6 
Sweeda88

OMG!!! I AM DYING FROM THE FRECKLYNESS! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! SO FREAKIN' PRETTYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! Can you tell I like him, or was I too subtle?
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:55 PM   #7 
gmd1800

Love the gorgeous boy! Better not let me get anywhere near him.

And your boyfriend is a keeper! That's such a fantastic thing for him to do!
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:00 PM   #8 
tokala

Hahaha, I love that you all are as enthusiastic about his adorable freckles as I am! . I just love everything about this guy. Period. Oh yea and I guess the boyfriend isn't too bad either ;)
Old 03-12-2011, 08:07 PM   #9 
Sweeda88

I would kill to have that beautiful fish. HE IS SO PRETTY I CAN'T STAND IT!!! If you find him gone one day, I didn't steal him... nope, wasn't me. Definitely wasn't a henchman I hired. Nope, no way...
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #10 
tokala

LOL!!! Based off of a few of the comments I don't think you would be the only culprit ;) And I can't say I could blame you either- I would do the same! Hehe. Well, in case you just really love him and happen to be shopping AB, he came from "bettaakapes" and his color was listed as "Black Dragon RED FIRE HM MALE" I checked out this breeders website and he had one other listed that looked just like him but even BIGGER that had just be sold. Maybe there will be more and we could have twins :D ha!

Last edited by tokala; 03-12-2011 at 08:15 PM.