Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-12-2011, 09:41 PM   #1 
LittleNibbles93

Both tank and fish problem.

I noticed ever since I got the silk plants the other day, the filter has been making bubbles, these bubbles made me alittle nervous, I just turned off the filter.

Today, I decided to let it run and see how far the bubbles got. They ended up covering over half of the tank surface. This got me REALLY nervous. I came to the idea perhaps I didn't clean the silk plants well enough (this is my first time with them)

Cici's behavior has been different today as well, though she has eaten the pellets that arrived (at last), her fins are clamped up, which is unusal for her since she's almost ALWAYS flairing. Her colors are very dark as well, she's not the bright color she was anymore.

Her white spot however has cleared up.

I have removed the silk plants and done a 100% water change, and it seems the "bubbles" are gone.

This is what it looked like just having the filter on 15 seconds, it was like someone put soap in the tank, and I didn't wash the plants with soap, I just rinsed them off what seemed pretty well.
Attached Images

LittleNibbles93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:09 PM   #2 
gmd1800

My filter did that too - I have the exact same filter (and what seems to be the same tank). It bubbled continuously, but never harmed my fish. It still bubbles, but not to the extent that it did when I first got it. It reduces slowly over time - I still have no idea why it bubbled.
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote