Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-12-2011, 10:33 PM   #1 
SillyFinn

Newbie to the Betta Community!

Hi All!

Im new here. I just got my Crowntail Betta Finn last weekend. Im not new to betta's or fish for that matter. Iv had many before but got rid of my tanks a few years ago. I decided it was time to add a fishie to my family again, so I did. And now, I want to add more!!

Anyway, sorry for the crap tastic pictures. My camera did not want to cooperate. It makes me kinda sad because he is so beautiful in person, these dont do him justice.

He is so friendly and active. He will swim up to the side of the tank to say hi whenever I walk by. And he likes to show off how beautiful he is to no one in particular fairly often.

I have to be honest, I didnt know such a huge betta community existed. I just buy my bettas from Petsmart, but after looking around here at all of the simply breath taking bettas you all have, I may have to purchase my next betta from a real breeder. The bettas you all have on here simply made my jaw hit the floor and I must have one!!

Hopefully I will have some more decent images of Finn tomorrow, but what do you all think he is based of what you can see? From what I found online, he looks very similar to another crowntail that is labeled as a Marble Red Blue Butterfly (but not nearly as much blue). (you can find the image here -> http://www.bettaakapes.siam108site.c...12102M%20T.jpg )

Im happy to be here!!

Last edited by SillyFinn; 03-12-2011 at 10:35 PM.
SillyFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:34 PM   #2 
LittleNibbles93

Oooh! So pretty! I love bettas like him! :)
LittleNibbles93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #3 
SillyFinn

Thank you very much!! He was shoved all the way in the back of the shelf when I found him. I saw him and knew I had to take him home. It was love at first sight. :D
Old 03-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #4 
RoyalBlueCrowntail

really pretty
RoyalBlueCrowntail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:09 AM   #5 
PitGurl

Welcome! I'm fairly new here also. Your betta is beautiful. Do you have a Petco near you? Many of us have gotten our bettas from there. They have all different types of bettas now. My two boys Dharma and Butters came from there, they are both HM's.

Here is a link to their photos,
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=64168
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:30 AM   #6 
BettasForever

Ahaha, welcome. Your betta looks alot like my Pineapple :D
Attached Images

Last edited by BettasForever; 03-13-2011 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Pic is too small to see detail in signature. Edit 2: the pic is huge, sorry. :(
BettasForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:34 AM   #7 
denaliwind

Welcome! He looks so happy in his tank! I love the set up.
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:31 PM   #8 
SillyFinn

Thank you everyone. I went to 3 different tropical fish stores looking for my next Betta, I found 2 that I like, but I'm not 100% on them yet.

PitGirl - Your two are gorgeous!! I did stop by one PetCo today, but they didn't have anything interesting. There is another PetCo that is close I will be stopping by tomorrow.

BettasForever - We have twins! haha

Denaliwind - Thank you! I would like to add a couple taller plants and some more rock, but this tank is the perfect size! I love it.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:19 PM   #9 
BettaLover79

That looks like a very nice betta it looks like it was fairly kept well in the stores to gt it so nice and I just got my betta today and hes really nice his name is Hi,Hi is Fire in japanese.
BettaLover79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:28 PM   #10 
Sweeda88

He's beautiful! Welcome! I hope you find another Betta for yourself that makes your jaw hit the floor. LOL. I wish I could get one of those, too.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote