Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-15-2011, 09:35 AM   #21 
carzz

Not every day, haha, no. I don't have THAT much free time :) I do water changes every few days. I do remove uneaten food. But should I miss some, or if there is a lot of waste, I change it pronto.
Otherwise my water change is every three or four days, with a nice 50% water change in there somewhere.
And thank you! haha It's always an important thing to stand your own ground.
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:36 PM   #22 
iheartmybettas

That is a really good idea. I like all of your name plates also. They are so cute! I have thought about doing something like that. I have no idea how you can stay in a room that is 80-85 degrees though! I think I would die!
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #23 
carzz

I do die haha but its in the basement, so the sun won't heat it even more.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #24 
FuulieQ

Aw, that's quite cute. c:

I hate to be a downer, but I do think you should change the water just a tad more often than you do. Other than that it seems like you love your fish very much. I would suffocate in an 80 degree room! :P

Just curious, what's in the ten gallon? Bettas, or something else?
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:48 PM   #25 
metalbetta

Okay ladies, let's retract our claws. Wow. lol
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:50 PM   #26 
laughing

I might try something like this, it's a good idea. Currently on my DIY list is building a stand for my 20 gallon! Just got done at the local hard ware store where a nice guy helped me build a model and give me a good idea, look out for a thread! I'll be posting pictures and progress(: FINGERS CROSSED IT DOESNT COLLAPSE AND MY WHOLE TANK FALLS AND BREAKS!! haha!

Good job with that though. I think after I get my males set in their own tanks I might expand with something like this, it's very creative!

(I have a tendancy to jump into things before I even have the funds for them... LOL)
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:51 AM   #27 
Slipstitch

I love it! And I know EXACTLY what you mean with distortions. I actually HATE the rounded bowls because I'll look over and not see my fish at all and think "Oh god, Tinker escaped!" and panic like a freak over it till I notice that he's just staring at himself at the blind side of the bowl, lol. I really like that set up actually... I may consider doing something similar, but with 5 or 10 gallons on each shelf(I like to put plants and other random stuff in the tank, so need more room, lol). Also, just so you know(if you didn't already) they sell teensy filters with suction cups on them for 1-3 gallon tanks. You might wanna look into them, I've seen em in action and as soon as I have bucks to blow I'm getting a billion of em, lol.
Slipstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #28 
denaliwind

Awe I want a betta hotel! Seriously, a wall full of shelves with bettas... that would be so nice! I like the little name plates you gave them all.

Hmmm... now I'm thinking about having a betta room, keep it really warm and humid... betta tanks everywhere... ooh fun. XD
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:26 PM   #29 
carzz

A little five gallon will fit just right on the shelf.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:23 PM   #30 
laughing

I wrote up some plans last night for what I'm going to do! :D

A four shelf book case that's wide, top shelf (2) 2.5 gallon filtered tanks, then second shelf 3 glass bowls of 2 gallons each, same on the third shelf, then the bottom shelf because it's on the floor will hold a filtered 10 gallon tank separated into 3. Can easily hold 11 fish! I budgeted about $150 for it, not too bad, right? Of course I'll probably go a bit over, but I'm really good at catching sales and good deals, so I'm going to TRY and do it under $150 (excluding the fish, obviously!).

YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME CARZZ!!

By the way, when writing up plans, easily I could have done (4) 1 gallon tanks top shelf, (3) 2 gallon tanks on second, (2) 2.5 gallon tanks on the third, and the 10 gallon separated on the bottom (all filtered and lighted), but then I thought that'd be a heck of a lot of chords!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote