Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-14-2011, 08:13 PM   #11 
Abby

-sigh- enough with the "That vase is too small" guys. if thats all she can get them into then thats all she can get them into. They do look lovely but a little swim space would be liked.
(gah just realised im ASSUMING op is female sorry if im wrong hah)
but they look well kept and well loved good work :)
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:26 PM   #12 
PewPewPew

Abby, it is the usual suggestion of the forum to get larger containers than a gallon, which many suspect they are. The reason most do is because it allows for much easier water changes, heating and are generally just better suited for a fish to live in.
Would you want to live in your fridge?

Im glad to see the water appears clean- but who knows. Im sure the OP cares for them, which is great, but that suggestion is a good and valid one.

OP, *Are they heated? Its important they stay very warm, and not just room temperature.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:21 PM   #13 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
-sigh- enough with the "That vase is too small" guys. if thats all she can get them into then thats all she can get them into. They do look lovely but a little swim space would be liked.
(gah just realised im ASSUMING op is female sorry if im wrong hah)
but they look well kept and well loved good work :)
But, why get so many fish if you cannot provide at least 2.5 gallons each?

This is what I don't get.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:24 PM   #14 
Sweeda88

I agree, AngelicScars. I'm sorry, but I really don't think any of those vases are more than 1/2 a gallon. I know this by looking at the fish and seeing how much space it fills up in the vase. I have a 1 gallon hospital tank, and I KNOW what 1 gallon looks like. That is not it.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:49 AM   #15 
laughing

Ok well my point is she has them NOW so why get fatiged over nothing? It is not like she will never upgrade them. People make mistakes, and maybe she bought them without realizing the space they needed.

Instead of being snappy towards people and being judgemental we can all offer advice and tips. Like rubbermaid containers can easily provide you with 3 gallons and you can split it with a single heater for $10 that could heat the the two fish.

C'mon guys we are here to learn and gain knowledge, let's make it a place for that, not a place for people to be nervous to post things. Then people with not ideal living situations for their fish will bail and NEVER learn their wrong doings simply for fear of being judged.
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:17 AM   #16 
Abby

and im saying we hear it time and time again. they are a wonderful pet and you get them homes you can afford or can fit. If this is all the OP can get or fit then thats fine if the maintenance is always done.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:18 AM   #17 
Abby

I have 17 fish. the males are housed in a large divided tank, the females are in two tanks 3 and 4 to a tank and the tanks are only 5gal or a little under and all my fish are fine. my male bays are NOT 2.5 gal each but my males are all happy and all healthy
Old 03-15-2011, 01:25 AM   #18 
carzz

Abby: haha yes. OP is female very much. I'm my babies mommy! :)
Pewpewpew: I'm glad my water appears clean to you. As it should. I the water was cleaned an hour before these pictures were taken. And yes, I do keep it clean. I've no life so I've plenty of fish cleaning time. And yes, I have a heater that keeps my room between 80&85. When it drops to 80 it heats up to 85 until it drops again.
AngelicScars- what? I love all my fish. I don't buy unless I've the spot to put them. I understand that fish are fish and require water, but my fish are not in some tiny box like some other people are trying to say. They plenty room. And plus, I like the way the glass bowls look. And a 2.5 glass bowl? For ten fish? Nope haha :).
Sweeda88- you are more then welcome to come on over and measure the homes of my fish. I live two houses from the conner of 'someones-being-a' and 'brat'. Plus, since you seem to KNOW soooo much, let's see if you knew this: if you put an object in a glass bowl that is rounded, it distorts the shape. Thus meaning, if I put my hand in one of these, it shall be fat and long. So you have no clue how much room any of my fish take up. But you can check that as well when you come on over, and measure my ONE GALLON fish bowls.
To all- my fish are happy. Blowing bubblenests in clean water with swimming space. You don't know how big the bowls are and assuming only makes an ass = u+me. I do have larger containers. Hence my ten gallon on top. Or my five gallon split in half, holding Luna and kalifa.

Anyway, I was really just showing you all the quality pf the hotel. :( it's nice and fun, for my happy fish. If it were less then a gallon, why would I buy it?
Anyway, THANKS :) to all good, nice, happy coments.
The rest of the comments? Whatever. Your fish are yours. My fish are mine.
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:16 AM   #19 
Abby

Well said!
Old 03-15-2011, 06:26 AM   #20 
Cravenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzz View Post
Abby: haha yes. OP is female very much. I'm my babies mommy! :)
Pewpewpew: I'm glad my water appears clean to you. As it should. I the water was cleaned an hour before these pictures were taken. And yes, I do keep it clean. I've no life so I've plenty of fish cleaning time. And yes, I have a heater that keeps my room between 80&85. When it drops to 80 it heats up to 85 until it drops again.
AngelicScars- what? I love all my fish. I don't buy unless I've the spot to put them. I understand that fish are fish and require water, but my fish are not in some tiny box like some other people are trying to say. They plenty room. And plus, I like the way the glass bowls look. And a 2.5 glass bowl? For ten fish? Nope haha :).
Sweeda88- you are more then welcome to come on over and measure the homes of my fish. I live two houses from the conner of 'someones-being-a' and 'brat'. Plus, since you seem to KNOW soooo much, let's see if you knew this: if you put an object in a glass bowl that is rounded, it distorts the shape. Thus meaning, if I put my hand in one of these, it shall be fat and long. So you have no clue how much room any of my fish take up. But you can check that as well when you come on over, and measure my ONE GALLON fish bowls.
To all- my fish are happy. Blowing bubblenests in clean water with swimming space. You don't know how big the bowls are and assuming only makes an ass = u+me. I do have larger containers. Hence my ten gallon on top. Or my five gallon split in half, holding Luna and kalifa.

Anyway, I was really just showing you all the quality pf the hotel. :( it's nice and fun, for my happy fish. If it were less then a gallon, why would I buy it?
Anyway, THANKS :) to all good, nice, happy coments.
The rest of the comments? Whatever. Your fish are yours. My fish are mine.

I was reading post after post of attacks and just hoping that you would have something to say about it..lol.
You did, and it was very well put.
I actually keep a boy in a 1G and he's quite happy and well cared for..so, I'm quite sure it's possible to care for fish in 1G tank/bowl situations.

Too often on this site, people get attacked just for showing pictures. It really just adds to the confusion of fishkeeping with people judging and throwing shopping lists at people. Sometimes I think ages should be posted next to locations so it gives people some idea of what we're working with. Now...

Your hotel looks great! The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of large bowls that I can carry to the sink for water changes rather than tanks where I'm lugging around buckets..gravel vacs etcetc. Do you do full 100% changes on water change day? (and omg that must take forever..lol. You must stagger the days)
Cravenne is offline   Reply With Quote